Subject: [regext] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-regext-rdap-partial-response-14.txt

From: Mario Loffredo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2020 10:15:08 +0200

Hi all,

this new version includes the following changes:

    14:  Edits due to IESG review:

       *  replaced "fewer data transferred" with "less data transferred"
          in the "Introduction" section;
       *  in the "Subsetting Metadata" section;:

          +  replaced the phrase "collected in a new data structure" with
             the phrase "collected in a new JSON data structure";
          +  replaced "Members are:" with "The AvailableFieldSet object
             includes the following members:";
          +  clarified that an RDAP server MUST define only one default
             field set;
       *  clarified the required members of a Link object in the
          "Subsetting Links" section;
       *  rewritten the "Dealing with Relationships" section;
       *  in the "Basic Field Sets" section:

          +  replaced the phrase "include a 'self' link in each field
             set" with the phrase "include a 'links' field indicating the
             'self' link relationship";
          +  replaced the phrase "'unicodeName' field MUST be included"
             with the phrase "'unicodeName' field MUST additionally be
             included";
       *  in the "Negative Answers" section:

          +  replaced the phrase "the response MAY include additional
             information regarding the negative answer" with the phrase
             "the response MAY include additional information regarding
             the supported field sets";
          +  added a new example;
       *  replaced the phrase "and subsequent denial of service due to
          abuse" with the phrase "and subsequent denial of service" in
          "Security Considerations" section;
       *  corrected the [REST] reference in the "Informative References"
          section;
       *  in "Appendix A":

          +  added the phrase " offered by data providers on the web"
             after the phrase "Looking at the implementation experiences
             of partial response";
          +  replaced the phrase "servers should define a strategy" with
             the phrase "servers have to define a strategy";
          +  replaced the term "latter approach" with the term "field set
             approach" in the "Appendix A.1" section;
       *  updated the "Acknowledgements" section.

Best,
Mario

-------- Messaggio Inoltrato --------
Oggetto: 	New Version Notification for 
draft-ietf-regext-rdap-partial-response-14.txt
Data: 	Sun, 13 Sep 2020 01:15:12 -0700
Mittente: 	[email-masked]
A: 	Mario Loffredo <[email-masked]>, Maurizio Martinelli 
<[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-regext-rdap-partial-response-14.txt
has been successfully submitted by Mario Loffredo and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name: draft-ietf-regext-rdap-partial-response
Revision: 14
Title: Registration Data Access Protocol (RDAP) Partial Response
Document date: 2020-09-13
Group: regext
Pages: 15
URL: https://www.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-regext-rdap-partial-response-14.txt
Status: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-regext-rdap-partial-response/
Htmlized: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-regext-rdap-partial-response
Htmlized: 
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-regext-rdap-partial-response-14
Diff: 
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-regext-rdap-partial-response-14

Abstract:
The Registration Data Access Protocol (RDAP) does not include
capabilities to request partial responses. Servers will only return
full responses that include all of the information that a client is
authorized to receive. A partial response capability that limits the
amount of information returned, especially in the case of search
queries, could bring benefits to both clients and servers. This
document describes an RDAP query extension that allows clients to
specify their preference for obtaining a partial response.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat