Subject: [regext] Benjamin Kaduk's No Objection on draft-ietf-regext-rdap-sorting-and-paging-18: (with COMMENT)

From: Benjamin Kaduk via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2020 15:17:30 -0700

Benjamin Kaduk has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-regext-rdap-sorting-and-paging-18: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-regext-rdap-sorting-and-paging/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the updates in the -18; they look good with one exception:

In Section 2.4, I strongly recommend using the word "encode" (and "encoding")
instead of "encrypt" (and "encryption") -- it is good to reserve the term "encrypt"
for a procedure that applies cryptographic protection.  Part of why we are
anti-recommending base64 for this usage is because it does not provide cryptographic
protection, so it is surprising to use the word "encrypt" to describe it.

---

From: Mario Loffredo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2020 09:26:14 +0200

Done in version -19.

Best,

Mario

-- 
Dr. Mario Loffredo
Systems and Technological Development Unit
Institute of Informatics and Telematics (IIT)
National Research Council (CNR)
via G. Moruzzi 1, I-56124 PISA, Italy
Phone: +39.0503153497
Mobile: +39.3462122240
Web: http://www.iit.cnr.it/mario.loffredo