Subject: [regext] Robert Wilton's No Objection on draft-ietf-regext-secure-authinfo-transfer-06: (with COMMENT)

From: Robert Wilton via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2021 04:57:20 -0700

Robert Wilton has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-regext-secure-authinfo-transfer-06: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-regext-secure-authinfo-transfer/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

Thanks for this document.

I found it hard to understand what is actually being transferred in the
title/abstract.  Perhaps this could be expanded a little to help readers who
are not familiar with EPP.

I don't feel particularly strongly on this point, but when reviewing this
document, I was wondering whether this document wouldn't be better published as
informational rather than stds track, given that it seems to describe an
operational practice of how an existing protocol (EPP) should be used.

Regards,
Rob