Subject: [regext] I-D Action: draft-ietf-regext-rdap-jscontact-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2021 05:24:11 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Registration Protocols Extensions WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Using JSContact in Registration Data Access Protocol (RDAP) JSON Responses
        Authors         : Mario Loffredo
                          Gavin Brown
	Filename        : draft-ietf-regext-rdap-jscontact-01.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2021-04-15

Abstract:
   This document describes an RDAP extension which represents entity
   contact information in JSON responses using JSContact.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-regext-rdap-jscontact/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-regext-rdap-jscontact-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-regext-rdap-jscontact-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-regext-rdap-jscontact-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Mario Loffredo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2021 15:16:13 +0200

Hi folks,

this new version is compliant with draft-ietf-jmap-jscontact-05 and 
draft-ietf-jmap-jscontact-vcard-03.

Main changes involve collections: most of the lists have been 
transformed into maps. If, on one hand, it enables a faster access to 
information, on the other, it implies the definition of map keys. 
Therefore, to aid interoperability, this version recommends to use some 
keys based on the string values and labels defined in RFC5733.

Future changes on JSContact will regard the representation of postal 
address details (e.g. building, block number and floor) and 
localizations but most of the information will not be touched.

Anyway, I remind the RDAP Java programmers that the jCard-2-JSContact 
conversion as well as JSContact building  and validation are supported 
by the library at 
https://github.com/consiglionazionaledellericerche/jscontact-tools. The 
source code is open and the library can be incorporated in a Java 
project as a Maven dependency.

Obviously, being directed at JSContact/jCard/vCard/xCard implementers in 
general, jscontact-tools generates the map keys following another 
mapping scheme.  However, once a jCard is converted, they can be easily 
changed.

Hope it could be helpful ;-)

Best,
Mario

-------- Messaggio Inoltrato --------
Oggetto: 	[regext] I-D Action: draft-ietf-regext-rdap-jscontact-01.txt
Data: 	Thu, 15 Apr 2021 05:24:11 -0700
Mittente: 	[email-masked]
Rispondi-a: 	[email-masked]
A: 	[email-masked]
CC: 	[email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Registration Protocols Extensions WG of 
the IETF.

Title : Using JSContact in Registration Data Access Protocol (RDAP) JSON 
Responses
Authors : Mario Loffredo
Gavin Brown
Filename : draft-ietf-regext-rdap-jscontact-01.txt
Pages : 17
Date : 2021-04-15

Abstract:

_______________________________________________
regext mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/regext