Subject: [regext] Opsdir telechat review of draft-ietf-regext-epp-registry-maintenance-17

From: Joe Clarke via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2021 12:29:24 -0700

Reviewer: Joe Clarke
Review result: Has Nits

I have been tasked to review this document on behalf of the OPS Area
Directorate.  This document describes an EPP extension for conveying
maintenance events to EPP clients.  Overall, I find the document mostly ready,
but I do have a few questions, and I found a few typos.

===

Section 3.3

What is the use case for having <maint:start> be equal to <maint:end>?  I would
think you'd always want the end time to be in the future to be a relevant
maintenance event.

===

Section 3.3

s/negotiated value is something other then the/negotiated value is something
other than the/

===

Section 3.3

If one of the intervention elements is true, how does one find out the details
of the connection or implementation-related intervention?  I imagine the URI
would provide that, but I was expecting to see it stated in this document in
the description of these elements.

===

Section 4.1.4

s/command and response is defined/command and response are defined/

---

From: Tobias Sattler <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2021 22:35:37 +0200

Hi Joe,

Thank you for your review and comments.

We have added our replies inline below and updated v18 on GitHub (https://github.com/seitsu/registry-epp-maintenance/blob/master/draft-ietf-regext-epp-registry-maintenance.txt <https://github.com/seitsu/registry-epp-maintenance/blob/master/draft-ietf-regext-epp-registry-maintenance.txt>) accordingly.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Best,
Tobias

> On 6. Oct 2021, at 21:29, Joe Clarke via Datatracker <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Reviewer: Joe Clarke
> Review result: Has Nits
> 

TS: Good point. Fixed, we removed the part “be equal to".

> s/negotiated value is something other then the/negotiated value is something

TS: Fixed.

> the description of these elements.

TS: Fixed, we added a reference to <maint:detail> in the description.

> s/command and response is defined/command and response are defined/

TS: Fixed.

> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> regext mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/regext

---

From: "Joe Clarke (jclarke)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2021 15:01:31 +0000

Thanks, Tobias.  I went through the new text, and it addresses my comments.

Joe

On 10/6/21 16:37, Tobias Sattler wrote:
Hi Joe,

We have added our replies inline below and updated v18 on GitHub (https://github.com/seitsu/registry-epp-maintenance/blob/master/draft-ietf-regext-epp-registry-maintenance.txt) accordingly.

Best,
Tobias

On 6. Oct 2021, at 21:29, Joe Clarke via Datatracker <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:

Reviewer: Joe Clarke
Review result: Has Nits

===

Section 3.3

===

Section 3.3

TS: Fixed.

===

Section 3.3

===

Section 4.1.4

TS: Fixed.

_______________________________________________
regext mailing list
[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/regext