Subject: [regext] Robert Wilton's No Objection on draft-ietf-regext-rfc7484bis-04: (with COMMENT)

From: Robert Wilton via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2021 02:22:54 -0800

Robert Wilton has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-regext-rfc7484bis-04: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/blog/handling-iesg-ballot-positions/
for more information about how to handle DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-regext-rfc7484bis/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

Thanks for this document.

Regarding, 5.3.  Bootstrap Service Registry for AS Number Space

   The complete
   query is, therefore, "https://example.net/rdaprir2/autnum/65411".  If
   the server does not answer, the client can then use another URL
   prefix from the array.

Does allowing URLs over http:// potentially open up the possibility of
downgrade attacks, e.g., DDOS'ing the https version of a service to force it to
use a service available on an http version instead?  Would it be helpful to
describe this in the security section, perhaps recommending that only https://
URLs are used?

As a trivial nit, I would suggest "ordered" is better than "sorted" in section
3, and perhaps also in section 13.

Thanks,
Rob