Subject: [regext] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-regext-rdap-reverse-search-09.txt

From: Mario Loffredo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2022 11:01:25 +0100

Hi all,

this version addresses the feedback provided by Tom and Jasdip.

Thanks a lot Tom and Jasdip for your collaboration and support in making 
the document more comprehensive.

The authors think that the doc is ready for the WGLC.

Best,
Mario

-------- Messaggio Inoltrato --------
Oggetto: 	New Version Notification for 
draft-ietf-regext-rdap-reverse-search-09.txt
Data: 	Thu, 10 Feb 2022 01:48:05 -0800
Mittente: 	[email-masked]
A: 	Mario Loffredo <[email-masked]>, Maurizio Martinelli 
<[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-regext-rdap-reverse-search-09.txt
has been successfully submitted by Mario Loffredo and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name: draft-ietf-regext-rdap-reverse-search
Revision: 09
Title: Registration Data Access Protocol (RDAP) Reverse search capabilities
Document date: 2022-02-10
Group: regext
Pages: 12
URL: 
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-regext-rdap-reverse-search-09.txt
Status: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-regext-rdap-reverse-search/
Htmlized: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-regext-rdap-reverse-search
Diff: 
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-regext-rdap-reverse-search-09

Abstract:
The Registration Data Access Protocol (RDAP) does not include query
capabilities to find the list of domains related to a set of entities
matching a given search pattern. In the RDAP context, an entity can
be associated with any defined object class. Moreover, other
relationships between object classes exist and might be used for
providing a reverse search capability. Therefore, a reverse search
can be applied to other use cases than the classic domain-entity
scenario. This document describes RDAP query extensions that allow
servers to provide a reverse search feature based on the relationship
defined in RDAP between an object class for search and any related
object class. The reverse search based on the domain-entity
relationship is treated as a particular case but with a special focus
on its privacy implications.

The IETF Secretariat