Subject: [renum] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-boot-brdp-framework-00

From: Teco Boot <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 16:14:30 +0100

Here a pointer to BRDP Framework, a Site Renumbering solution 
space proposal. This work is also related to Autoconf, 6man, 
Routing Area or others. Comments are welcome. We planned to 
subnet a -01 before Prague.

Teco & Arjen.

http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-boot-brdp-framework

> Abstract:
> This document describes the Border Router Discovery Protocol (BRDP)
> framework.  This framework enables multi-homing for small to medium
> sites, using Provider Aggregatable IPv6 addresses.  It describes a
> mechanism for automated IP address configuration and renumbering, a
> mechanism for optimized source address selection and a new paradigm
> for packet forwarding.  The BRDP framework prevents ingress filtering
> problems with multi-homed sites and supports load-balancing for
> multi-path transport protocols.  This work also prevents routing
> scalability problems in the provider network and Internet Default
> Free Zone because small to medium multi-homed size sites would not
> need to request Provider Independent address blocks.