Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8374 on BGPsec Design Choices and Summary of Supporting Discussions

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2018 15:59:38 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8374

        Title:      BGPsec Design Choices and Summary 
                    of Supporting Discussions 
        Author:     K. Sriram, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       April 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      50
        Characters: 115388
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-sriram-bgpsec-design-choices-16.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8374

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8374

This document captures the design rationale of the initial draft
version of what became RFC 8205 (the BGPsec protocol specification).
The designers needed to balance many competing factors, and this
document lists the decisions that were made in favor of or against
each design choice.  This document also presents brief summaries of
the arguments that aided the decision process.  Where appropriate,
this document also provides brief notes on design decisions that
changed as the specification was reviewed and updated by the IETF
SIDR Working Group and that resulted in RFC 8205.  These notes
highlight the differences and provide pointers to details and
rationale regarding those design changes.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC
_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org