Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8474 on IMAP Extension for Object Identifiers

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2018 07:49:19 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8474

        Title:      IMAP Extension for Object Identifiers 
        Author:     B. Gondwana, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      16
        Characters: 29546
        Updates:    RFC 3501

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-extra-imap-objectid-08.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8474

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8474

This document updates RFC 3501 (IMAP4rev1) with persistent
identifiers on mailboxes and messages to allow clients to more
efficiently reuse cached data when resources have changed location on
the server.

This document is a product of the Email mailstore and eXtensions To Revise or Amend Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org