Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8442 on ECDHE_PSK with AES-GCM and AES-CCM Cipher Suites for TLS 1.2 and DTLS 1.2

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2018 17:14:04 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8442

        Title:      ECDHE_PSK with AES-GCM and AES-CCM 
                    Cipher Suites for TLS 1.2 and DTLS 1.2 
        Author:     J. Mattsson, D. Migault
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Characters: 14317
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-tls-ecdhe-psk-aead-05.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8442

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8442

This document defines several new cipher suites for version 1.2 of
the Transport Layer Security (TLS) protocol and version 1.2 of the
Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS) protocol.  These cipher
suites are based on the Ephemeral Elliptic Curve Diffie-Hellman with
Pre-Shared Key (ECDHE_PSK) key exchange together with the
Authenticated Encryption with Associated Data (AEAD) algorithms
AES-GCM and AES-CCM.  PSK provides light and efficient authentication,
ECDHE provides forward secrecy, and AES-GCM and AES-CCM provide
encryption and integrity protection.

This document is a product of the Transport Layer Security Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org