Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8494 on Multicast Email (MULE) over Allied Communications Publication (ACP) 142

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2018 12:44:29 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8494

        Title:      Multicast Email (MULE) over Allied 
                    Communications Publication (ACP) 142 
        Author:     D. Wilson,
                    A. Melnikov, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       November 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      19
        Characters: 40384
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-melnikov-email-over-pmul-08.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8494

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8494

Allied Communications Publication (ACP) 142 defines P_MUL, which is a
protocol for reliable multicast suitable for bandwidth-constrained
and delayed acknowledgement (Emissions Control or "EMCON")
environments running over UDP.  This document defines MULE (Multicast
Email), an application protocol for transferring Internet Mail
messages (as described in RFC 5322) over P_MUL (as defined in ACP
142).  MULE enables transfer between Message Transfer Agents (MTAs).
It doesn't provide a service similar to SMTP Submission (as described
in RFC 6409).

This document explains how MULE can be used in conjunction with SMTP
(RFC 5321), including some common SMTP extensions, to provide an
alternate MTA-to-MTA transfer mechanism.

This is not an IETF specification; it describes an existing
implementation.  It is provided in order to facilitate interoperable
implementations and third-party diagnostics.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org