Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8491 on Signaling Maximum SID Depth (MSD) Using IS-IS

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2018 12:44:11 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8491

        Title:      Signaling Maximum SID Depth (MSD) 
                    Using IS-IS 
        Author:     J. Tantsura,
                    U. Chunduri,
                    S. Aldrin, 
                    L. Ginsberg
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 20269
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-isis-segment-routing-msd-19.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8491

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8491

This document defines a way for an Intermediate System to
Intermediate System (IS-IS) router to advertise multiple types of
supported Maximum SID Depths (MSDs) at node and/or link granularity.
Such advertisements allow entities (e.g., centralized controllers) to
determine whether a particular Segment ID (SID) stack can be
supported in a given network.  This document only defines one type of
MSD: Base MPLS Imposition.  However, it defines an encoding that can
support other MSD types.  This document focuses on MSD use in a
network that is Segment Routing (SR) enabled, but MSD may also be
useful when SR is not enabled.

This document is a product of the Link State Routing Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org