Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8505 on Registration Extensions for IPv6 over Low-Power Wireless Personal Area Network (6LoWPAN) Neighbor Discovery

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2018 12:44:47 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8505

        Title:      Registration Extensions for IPv6 over 
                    Low-Power Wireless Personal Area Network (6LoWPAN) 
                    Neighbor Discovery 
        Author:     P. Thubert, Ed.,
                    E. Nordmark,
                    S. Chakrabarti,
                    C. Perkins
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      47
        Characters: 111853
        Updates:    RFC 6775

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-6lo-rfc6775-update-21.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8505

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8505

This specification updates RFC 6775 -- the Low-Power Wireless
Personal Area Network (6LoWPAN) Neighbor Discovery specification --
to clarify the role of the protocol as a registration technique and
simplify the registration operation in 6LoWPAN routers, as well as to
provide enhancements to the registration capabilities and mobility
detection for different network topologies, including the Routing
Registrars performing routing for host routes and/or proxy Neighbor
Discovery in a low-power network.

This document is a product of the IPv6 over Networks of Resource-constrained Nodes Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org