Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8509 on A Root Key Trust Anchor Sentinel for DNSSEC

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2018 13:47:36 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8509

        Title:      A Root Key Trust Anchor 
                    Sentinel for DNSSEC 
        Author:     G. Huston, 
                    J. Damas,
                    W. Kumari
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       December 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      19
        Characters: 43683
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dnsop-kskroll-sentinel-17.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8509

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8509

The DNS Security Extensions (DNSSEC) were developed to provide origin
authentication and integrity protection for DNS data by using digital
signatures.  These digital signatures can be verified by building a
chain of trust starting from a trust anchor and proceeding down to a
particular node in the DNS.  This document specifies a mechanism that
will allow an end user and third parties to determine the trusted key
state for the root key of the resolvers that handle that user's DNS
queries.  Note that this method is only applicable for determining
which keys are in the trust store for the root key.

This document is a product of the Domain Name System Operations Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org