Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8507 on Simple Internet Protocol (SIP) Specification

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2018 17:17:35 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8507

        Title:      Simple Internet Protocol (SIP) Specification 
        Author:     S. Deering,
                    R. Hinden, Ed.
        Status:     Historic
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       December 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      26
        Characters: 56057
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-historic-simple-ip-03.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8507

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8507

This document is published for the historical record.  The Simple
Internet Protocol was the basis for one of the candidates for the
IETF's Next Generation (IPng) work that became IPv6.

The publication date of the original Internet-Draft was November 10,
1992.  It is presented here substantially unchanged and is neither a
complete document nor intended to be implementable.

The paragraph that follows is the Abstract from the original draft.

This document specifies a new version of IP called SIP, the Simple
Internet Protocol.  It also describes the changes needed to ICMP,
IGMP, and transport protocols such as TCP and UDP, in order to work
with SIP.  A companion document [SIP-ADDR] describes the addressing
and routing aspects of SIP, including issues of auto-configuration,
host and subnet mobility, and multicast.

HISTORIC: This memo defines a Historic Document for the Internet
community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org