Subject: [rfc-dist] BCP 220, RFC 8504 on IPv6 Node Requirements

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2019 10:38:58 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 220        
        RFC 8504

        Title:      IPv6 Node Requirements 
        Author:     T. Chown, 
                    J. Loughney,
                    T. Winters
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2019
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      42
        Characters: 96133
        Obsoletes:  RFC 6434
        See Also:   BCP 220

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-6man-rfc6434-bis-09.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8504

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8504

This document defines requirements for IPv6 nodes.  It is expected
that IPv6 will be deployed in a wide range of devices and situations.
Specifying the requirements for IPv6 nodes allows IPv6 to function
well and interoperate in a large number of situations and
deployments.

This document obsoletes RFC 6434, and in turn RFC 4294.

This document is a product of the IPv6 Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

BCP: This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for 
improvements. Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org