Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8541 on Impact of Shortest Path First (SPF) Trigger and Delay Strategies on IGP Micro-loops

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2019 23:08:40 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8541

        Title:      Impact of Shortest Path First (SPF) Trigger 
                    and Delay Strategies on IGP Micro-loops 
        Author:     S. Litkowski,
                    B. Decraene,
                    M. Horneffer
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2019
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      15
        Characters: 35212
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-rtgwg-spf-uloop-pb-statement-10.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8541

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8541

A micro-loop is a packet-forwarding loop that may occur transiently
among two or more routers in a hop-by-hop packet-forwarding paradigm.

This document analyzes the impact of using different link state IGP
implementations in a single network with respect to micro-loops.  The
analysis is focused on the Shortest Path First (SPF) delay algorithm
but also mentions the impact of SPF trigger strategies.

This document is a product of the Routing Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC
_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org