Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8518 on Selection of Loop-Free Alternates for Multi-Homed Prefixes

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2019 21:03:49 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8518

        Title:      Selection of Loop-Free Alternates for 
                    Multi-Homed Prefixes 
        Author:     P. Sarkar, Ed.,
                    U. Chunduri, Ed.,
                    S. Hegde,
                    J. Tantsura,
                    H. Gredler
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2019
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      20
        Characters: 40330
        Updates:    RFC 5286

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-rtgwg-multihomed-prefix-lfa-09.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8518

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8518

Deployment experience gained from implementing algorithms to
determine Loop-Free Alternates (LFAs) for multi-homed prefixes (MHPs)
has revealed some avenues for potential improvement.  This document
provides explicit inequalities that can be used to evaluate neighbors
as potential alternates for MHPs.  It also provides detailed criteria
for evaluating potential alternates for external prefixes advertised
by OSPF ASBRs.  This document updates Section 6 of RFC 5286 by
expanding some of the routing aspects.

This document is a product of the Routing Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org