Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8526 on NETCONF Extensions to Support the Network Management Datastore Architecture

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2019 19:58:38 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8526

        Title:      NETCONF Extensions to Support the 
                    Network Management Datastore Architecture 
        Author:     M. Bjorklund, 
                    J. Schoenwaelder,
                    P. Shafer,
                    K. Watsen,
                    R. Wilton
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2019
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      23
        Characters: 42453
        Updates:    RFC 6241, RFC 7950

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-netconf-nmda-netconf-08.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8526

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8526

   This document extends the NETCONF protocol defined in RFC 6241 in
   order to support the Network Management Datastore Architecture
   defined in RFC 8342.

   This document updates both RFC 6241 and RFC 7950.  The update to RFC
   6241 adds new operations <get-data> and <edit-data>, and augments
   existing operations <lock>, <unlock>, and <validate>.  The update to
   RFC 7950 requires the usage of I-D.ietf-netconf-rfc7895bis by NETCONF
   servers implementing the Network Management Datastore Architecture.

   RFC Ed.: Please replace "I-D.ietf-netconf-rfc7895bis" above with its
   final RFC assignment and remove this note.

This document is a product of the Network Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org