Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8572 on Secure Zero Touch Provisioning (SZTP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2019 21:56:19 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8572

        Title:      Secure Zero Touch Provisioning (SZTP) 
        Author:     K. Watsen,
                    I. Farrer,
                    M. Abrahamsson
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2019
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      87
        Characters: 196186
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-netconf-zerotouch-29.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8572

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8572

This document presents a technique to securely provision a networking
device when it is booting in a factory-default state.  Variations in
the solution enable it to be used on both public and private
networks.  The provisioning steps are able to update the boot image,
commit an initial configuration, and execute arbitrary scripts to
address auxiliary needs.  The updated device is subsequently able to
establish secure connections with other systems.  For instance, a
device may establish NETCONF (RFC 6241) and/or RESTCONF (RFC 8040)
connections with deployment-specific network management systems.

This document is a product of the Network Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org