Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8586 on Loop Detection in Content Delivery Networks (CDNs)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2019 09:13:03 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8586

        Title:      Loop Detection in Content Delivery Networks (CDNs) 
        Author:     S. Ludin,
                    M. Nottingham,
                    N. Sullivan
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2019
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      6
        Characters: 12560
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-httpbis-cdn-loop-02.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8586

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8586

This document defines the CDN-Loop request header field for HTTP.
CDN-Loop addresses an operational need that occurs when an HTTP
request is intentionally forwarded between Content Delivery Networks
(CDNs), but is then accidentally or maliciously re-routed back into
the original CDN causing a non-terminating loop.  The new header
field can be used to identify the error and terminate the loop.

This document is a product of the Hypertext Transfer Protocol Bis Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org