Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8567 on Customer Management DNS Resource Records

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2019 12:38:04 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8567

        Title:      Customer Management DNS Resource Records 
        Author:     E. Rye, R. Beverly
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       April 2019 
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 25215
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-cust-mgmt-dns-01.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8567

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8567

Maintaining high Quality of Experience (QoE) increasingly requires
end-to-end, holistic network management, including managed Customer
Premises Equipment (CPE).  Because customer management is a shared
global responsibility, the Domain Name System (DNS) provides an ideal
existing infrastructure for maintaining authoritative customer
information that must be readily, reliably, and publicly accessible.

This document describes four new DNS resource record types for
encoding customer information in the DNS.  These records are intended
to better facilitate high customer QoE via inter-provider cooperation
and management of customer data.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org