Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8574 on cite-as: A Link Relation to Convey a Preferred URI for Referencing

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2019 20:58:55 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8574

        Title:      cite-as: A Link Relation to Convey
                    a Preferred URI for Referencing 
        Author:     H. Van de Sompel,
                    M. Nelson,
                    G. Bilder,
                    J. Kunze,
                    S. Warner
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       April 2019
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      17
        Characters: 35775
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-vandesompel-citeas-04.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8574

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8574

A web resource is routinely referenced by means of the URI with which
it is directly accessed.  But cases exist where referencing a
resource by means of a different URI is preferred.  This
specification defines a link relation type that can be used to convey
such a preference.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org