Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8533 on A YANG Data Model for Retrieval Methods for the Management of Operations, Administration, and Maintenance (OAM) Protocols That Use Connectionless Communications

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2019 18:39:06 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8533

        Title:      A YANG Data Model for 
                    Retrieval Methods for the Management of 
                    Operations, Administration, and Maintenance (OAM)
                    Protocols That Use Connectionless Communications 
        Author:     D. Kumar,
                    M. Wang,
                    Q. Wu, Ed.,
                    R. Rahman, 
                    S. Raghavan
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2019
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      41
        Characters: 75234
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-lime-yang-connectionless-oam-methods-13.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8533

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8533

This document presents a retrieval method YANG data model for
connectionless Operations, Administration, and Maintenance (OAM)
protocols.  It provides technology-independent RPC operations for OAM
protocols that use connectionless communication.  The retrieval
methods model herein presented can be extended to include technology-
specific details.  There are two key benefits of this approach:
First, it leads to uniformity between OAM protocols.  Second, it
supports both nested OAM workflows (i.e., performing OAM functions at
different or the same levels through a unified interface) as well as
interactive OAM workflows (i.e., performing OAM functions at the same
levels through a unified interface).

This document is a product of the Layer Independent OAM Management in the Multi-Layer Environment Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org