Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8546 on The Wire Image of a Network Protocol

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2019 19:46:24 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8546

        Title:      The Wire Image of a Network Protocol 
        Author:     B. Trammell,
                    M. Kuehlewind
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IAB
        Date:       April 2019
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 22536
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-iab-wire-image-01.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8546

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8546

This document defines the wire image, an abstraction of the
information available to an on-path non-participant in a networking
protocol.  This abstraction is intended to shed light on the
implications that increased encryption has for network functions that
use the wire image.

This document is a product of the Internet Architecture Board.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org