Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8560 on Seamless Integration of Ethernet VPN (EVPN) with Virtual Private LAN Service (VPLS) and Their Provider Backbone Bridge (PBB) Equivalents

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 9 May 2019 10:13:08 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8560

        Title:      Seamless Integration of Ethernet VPN (EVPN)
                    with Virtual Private LAN Service (VPLS)
                    and Their Provider Backbone Bridge (PBB)
                    Equivalents 
        Author:     A. Sajassi, Ed.,
                    S. Salam, 
                    N. Del Regno,
                    J. Rabadan
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2019
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      16
        Characters: 34654
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-bess-evpn-vpls-seamless-integ-07.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8560

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8560

This document specifies mechanisms for backward compatibility of
Ethernet VPN (EVPN) and Provider Backbone Bridge Ethernet VPN
(PBB-EVPN) solutions with Virtual Private LAN Service (VPLS) and Provider
Backbone Bridge VPLS (PBB-VPLS) solutions.  It also provides
mechanisms for the seamless integration of these two technologies in
the same MPLS/IP network on a per-VPN-instance basis.  Implementation
of this document enables service providers to introduce EVPN/PBB-EVPN
Provider Edges (PEs) in their brownfield deployments of VPLS/PBB-VPLS
networks.  This document specifies the control-plane and forwarding
behavior needed for the auto-discovery of the following: 1) a VPN
instance, 2) multicast and unicast operation, and 3) a Media Access
Control (MAC) mobility operation.  This enables seamless integration
between EVPN and VPLS PEs as well as between PBB-VPLS and PBB-EVPN
PEs.

This document is a product of the BGP Enabled Services Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org