Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8587 on NFS Version 4.0 Trunking Update

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 7 May 2019 11:39:10 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8587

        Title:      NFS Version 4.0 Trunking Update 
        Author:     C. Lever, Ed.,
                    D. Noveck
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2019
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      22
        Characters: 51209
        Updates:    RFC 7530

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-nfsv4-mv0-trunking-update-05.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8587

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8587

In NFS version 4.0, the fs_locations attribute informs clients about
alternate locations of file systems.  An NFS version 4.0 client can
use this information to handle migration and replication of server
file systems.  This document describes how an NFS version 4.0 client
can also use this information to discover an NFS version 4.0 server's
trunking capabilities.  This document updates RFC 7530.

This document is a product of the Network File System Version 4 Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org