Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8578 on Deterministic Networking Use Cases

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 May 2019 12:31:40 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8578

        Title:      Deterministic Networking Use Cases 
        Author:     E. Grossman, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2019
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      97
        Characters: 227904
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-detnet-use-cases-20.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8578

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8578

This document presents use cases for diverse industries that have in
common a need for "deterministic flows".  "Deterministic" in this
context means that such flows provide guaranteed bandwidth, bounded
latency, and other properties germane to the transport of
time-sensitive data.  These use cases differ notably in their network
topologies and specific desired behavior, providing as a group broad
industry context for Deterministic Networking (DetNet).  For each use
case, this document will identify the use case, identify
representative solutions used today, and describe potential
improvements that DetNet can enable.

This document is a product of the Deterministic Networking Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org