Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8595 on An MPLS-Based Forwarding Plane for Service Function Chaining

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2019 13:49:53 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8595

        Title:      An MPLS-Based Forwarding Plane for 
                    Service Function Chaining 
        Author:     A. Farrel,
                    S. Bryant,
                    J. Drake
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2019
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      32
        Characters: 69090
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mpls-sfc-07.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8595

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8595

This document describes how Service Function Chaining (SFC) can be
achieved in an MPLS network by means of a logical representation of
the Network Service Header (NSH) in an MPLS label stack.  That is,
the NSH is not used, but the fields of the NSH are mapped to fields
in the MPLS label stack.  This approach does not deprecate or replace
the NSH, but it acknowledges that there may be a need for an interim
deployment of SFC functionality in brownfield networks.

This document is a product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC
_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org