Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8600 on Using Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP) for Security Information Exchange

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2019 09:38:36 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8600

        Title:      Using Extensible Messaging and Presence 
                    Protocol (XMPP) for Security Information Exchange 
        Author:     N. Cam-Winget, Ed.,
                    S. Appala,
                    S. Pope,
                    P. Saint-Andre
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2019
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      28
        Characters: 61866
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mile-xmpp-grid-11.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8600

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8600

This document describes how to use the Extensible Messaging and
Presence Protocol (XMPP) to collect and distribute security incident
reports and other security-relevant information between network-
connected devices, primarily for the purpose of communication among
Computer Security Incident Response Teams and associated entities.
To illustrate the principles involved, this document describes such a
usage for the Incident Object Description Exchange Format (IODEF).

This document is a product of the Managed Incident Lightweight Exchange Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org