Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8608 on BGPsec Algorithms, Key Formats, and Signature Formats

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2019 09:50:34 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8608

        Title:      BGPsec Algorithms, Key Formats, and 
                    Signature Formats 
        Author:     S. Turner, O. Borchert
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2019
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      21
        Characters: 43153
        Obsoletes:  RFC 8208
        Updates:    RFC 7935

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sidrops-bgpsec-algs-rfc8208-bis-05.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8608

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8608

This document specifies the algorithms, algorithm parameters,
asymmetric key formats, asymmetric key sizes, and signature formats
used in BGPsec (Border Gateway Protocol Security).  This document
updates RFC 7935 ("The Profile for Algorithms and Key Sizes for Use                           
in the Resource Public Key Infrastructure") and obsoletes RFC 8208
("BGPsec Algorithms, Key Formats, and Signature Formats") by adding
Documentation and Experimentation Algorithm IDs, correcting the range
of unassigned algorithms IDs to fill the complete range, and
restructuring the document for better reading.

This document also includes example BGPsec UPDATE messages as well as
the private keys used to generate the messages and the certificates
necessary to validate those signatures.

This document is a product of the SIDR Operations Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org