Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8616 on Email Authentication for Internationalized Mail

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2019 18:20:43 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8616

        Title:      Email Authentication for Internationalized Mail 
        Author:     J. Levine
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2019
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      6
        Characters: 14338
        Updates:    RFC 6376, RFC 7208, RFC 7489

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dmarc-eaiauth-06.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8616

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8616

Sender Policy Framework (SPF) (RFC 7208), DomainKeys Identified Mail
(DKIM) (RFC 6376), and Domain-based Message Authentication,
Reporting, and Conformance (DMARC) (RFC 7489) enable a domain owner
to publish email authentication and policy information in the DNS.
In internationalized email, domain names can occur both as U-labels
and A-labels.  This specification updates the SPF, DKIM, and DMARC
specifications to clarify which form of internationalized domain
names to use in those specifications.

This document is a product of the Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting & Conformance Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org