Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8611 on Label Switched Path (LSP) Ping and Traceroute Multipath Support for Link Aggregation Group (LAG) Interfaces

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2019 11:16:56 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8611

        Title:      Label Switched Path (LSP) Ping 
                    and Traceroute Multipath Support for Link 
                    Aggregation Group (LAG) Interfaces 
        Author:     N. Akiya,
                    G. Swallow,
                    S. Litkowski,
                    B. Decraene,
                    J. Drake, 
                    M. Chen
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2019
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      29
        Characters: 63253
        Updates:    RFC 8029

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-lag-multipath-08.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8611

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8611

This document defines extensions to the MPLS Label Switched Path
(LSP) Ping and Traceroute mechanisms as specified in RFC 8029.  The
extensions allow the MPLS LSP Ping and Traceroute mechanisms to
discover and exercise specific paths of Layer 2 (L2) Equal-Cost
Multipath (ECMP) over Link Aggregation Group (LAG) interfaces.
Additionally, a mechanism is defined to enable the determination of
the capabilities supported by a Label Switching Router (LSR).

This document updates RFC 8029.

This document is a product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org