Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8675 on A YANG Data Model for Tunnel Interface Types

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2019 01:00:18 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8675

        Title:      A YANG Data Model for 
                    Tunnel Interface Types 
        Author:     M. Boucadair, 
                    I. Farrer,
                    R. Asati
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2019
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      16
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-softwire-iftunnel-07.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8675

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8675

This document specifies the initial version of a YANG module
"iana-tunnel-type", which contains a collection of IANA-maintained
YANG identities used as interface types for tunnel interfaces. The
module reflects the "tunnelType" registry maintained by IANA. The
latest revision of this YANG module can be obtained from the IANA
website.

Tunnel type values are not directly added to the Tunnel Interface
Types YANG module; they must instead be added to the "tunnelType"
IANA registry. Once a new tunnel type registration is made by IANA
for a new tunneling scheme or even an existing one that is not
already listed in the current registry (e.g., LISP, NSH), IANA will
update the Tunnel Interface Types YANG module accordingly.

Some of the IETF-defined tunneling techniques are not listed in the
current IANA registry. It is not the intent of this document to
update the existing IANA registry with a comprehensive list of tunnel
technologies. Registrants must follow the IETF registration procedure
for interface types whenever a new tunnel type is needed.

This document is a product of the Softwires Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org