Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8683 on Additional Deployment Guidelines for NAT64/464XLAT in Operator and Enterprise Networks

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2019 13:15:17 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8683

        Title:      Additional Deployment Guidelines for NAT64/464XLAT 
                    in Operator and Enterprise Networks 
        Author:     J. Palet Martinez
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2019
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      38
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-v6ops-nat64-deployment-08.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8683

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8683

This document describes how Network Address and Protocol Translation
from IPv6 Clients to IPv4 Servers (NAT64) (including 464XLAT) can be
deployed in an IPv6 network -- whether it's cellular ISP, broadband
ISP, or enterprise -- and the possible optimizations. This document
also discusses issues to be considered when having IPv6-only
connectivity, such as: a) DNS64, b) applications or devices that use
literal IPv4 addresses or non-IPv6-compliant APIs, and c) IPv4-only
hosts or applications.

This document is a product of the IPv6 Operations Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org