Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8687 on OSPF Routing with Cross-Address Family Traffic Engineering Tunnels

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2019 10:50:07 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8687

        Title:      OSPF Routing with Cross-Address Family 
                    Traffic Engineering Tunnels 
        Author:     A. Smirnov, 
                    A. Retana,
                    M. Barnes
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2019
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Updates:    RFC 5786

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ospf-xaf-te-07.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8687

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8687

When using Traffic Engineering (TE) in a dual-stack IPv4/IPv6
network, the Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) TE Label Switched
Path (LSP) infrastructure may be duplicated, even if the destination
IPv4 and IPv6 addresses belong to the same remote router.   In order
to achieve an integrated MPLS TE LSP infrastructure, OSPF routes must
be computed over MPLS TE tunnels created using information propagated
in another OSPF instance. This issue is solved by advertising
cross-address family (X-AF) OSPF TE information.

This document describes an update to RFC 5786 that allows for the
easy identification of a router's local X-AF IP addresses.

This document is a product of the Link State Routing Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org