Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8662 on Entropy Label for Source Packet Routing in Networking (SPRING) Tunnels

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2019 13:53:29 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8662

        Title:      Entropy Label for Source Packet Routing 
                    in Networking (SPRING) Tunnels 
        Author:     S. Kini,
                    K. Kompella,
                    S. Sivabalan,
                    S. Litkowski,
                    R. Shakir,
                    J. Tantsura
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       December 2019
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      22
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mpls-spring-entropy-label-12.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8662

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8662

Segment Routing (SR) leverages the source-routing paradigm.  A node
steers a packet through an ordered list of instructions, called
segments. Segment Routing can be applied to the Multiprotocol Label
Switching (MPLS) data plane.  Entropy labels (ELs) are used in MPLS
to improve load-balancing. This document examines and describes how
ELs are to be applied to Segment Routing MPLS.

This document is a product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC
_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org