Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8691 on Basic Support for IPv6 Networks Operating Outside the Context of a Basic Service Set over IEEE Std 802.11

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2019 10:23:44 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8691

        Title:      Basic Support for IPv6 Networks 
                    Operating Outside the Context of a 
                    Basic Service Set over IEEE Std 802.11
        Author:     N. Benamar,
                    J. Härri,
                    J. Lee,
                    T. Ernst
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       December 2019
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      29
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ipwave-ipv6-over-80211ocb-52.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8691

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8691

This document provides methods and settings for using IPv6 to
communicate among nodes within range of one another over a single
IEEE 802.11-OCB link. Support for these methods and settings require
minimal changes to existing stacks. This document also describes
limitations associated with using these methods. Optimizations and
usage of IPv6 over more complex scenarios are not covered in this
specification and are a subject for future work.

This document is a product of the IP Wireless Access in Vehicular Environments Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org