Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8660 on Segment Routing with the MPLS Data Plane

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2019 13:53:16 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8660

        Title:      Segment Routing with the MPLS Data Plane 
        Author:     A. Bashandy, Ed.,
                    C. Filsfils, Ed.,
                    S. Previdi,
                    B. Decraene,
                    S. Litkowski,
                    R. Shakir
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       December 2019
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      29
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-spring-segment-routing-mpls-22.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8660

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8660

Segment Routing (SR) leverages the source-routing paradigm.  A node
steers a packet through a controlled set of instructions, called
segments, by prepending the packet with an SR header.  In the MPLS
data plane, the SR header is instantiated through a label stack. This
document specifies the forwarding behavior to allow instantiating SR
over the MPLS data plane (SR-MPLS).

This document is a product of the Source Packet Routing in Networking Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC
_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org