Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8692 on Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure: Additional Algorithm Identifiers for RSASSA-PSS and ECDSA Using SHAKEs

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2019 14:35:06 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8692

        Title:      Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure: 
                    Additional Algorithm Identifiers for RSASSA-PSS
                    and ECDSA Using SHAKEs 
        Author:     P. Kampanakis,
                    Q. Dang
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       December 2019
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Updates:    RFC 3279

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-lamps-pkix-shake-15.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8692

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8692

Digital signatures are used to sign messages, X.509 certificates, and
Certificate Revocation Lists (CRLs). This document updates the
"Algorithms and Identifiers for the Internet X.509 Public Key
Infrastructure Certificate and Certificate Revocation List (CRL)
Profile" (RFC 3279) and describes the conventions for using the SHAKE
function family in Internet X.509 certificates and revocation lists
as one-way hash functions with the RSA Probabilistic signature and
Elliptic Curve Digital Signature Algorithm (ECDSA) signature
algorithms. The conventions for the associated subject public keys
are also described.

This document is a product of the Limited Additional Mechanisms for PKIX and SMIME Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC
_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org