Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8685 on Path Computation Element Communication Protocol (PCEP) Extensions for the Hierarchical Path Computation Element (H-PCE) Architecture

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2019 15:24:50 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8685

        Title:      Path Computation Element Communication Protocol 
                    (PCEP) Extensions for the Hierarchical Path 
                    Computation Element (H-PCE) Architecture 
        Author:     F. Zhang, 
                    Q. Zhao,
                    O. Gonzalez de Dios, 
                    R. Casellas,
                    D. King
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       December 2019
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      27
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pce-hierarchy-extensions-11.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8685

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8685

The Hierarchical Path Computation Element (H-PCE) architecture is
defined in RFC 6805.  It provides a mechanism to derive an optimum
end-to-end path in a multi-domain environment by using a hierarchical
relationship between domains to select the optimum sequence of
domains and optimum paths across those domains.

This document defines extensions to the Path Computation Element
Communication Protocol (PCEP) to support H-PCE procedures.

This document is a product of the Path Computation Element Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org