Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8679 on MPLS Egress Protection Framework

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2019 13:54:01 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8679

        Title:      MPLS Egress Protection Framework 
        Author:     Y. Shen, 
                    M. Jeganathan,
                    B. Decraene, 
                    H. Gredler,
                    C. Michel,
                    H. Chen
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       December 2019
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      25
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mpls-egress-protection-framework-07.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8679

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8679

This document specifies a fast reroute framework for protecting
IP/MPLS services and MPLS transport tunnels against egress node and
egress link failures. For each type of egress failure, it defines the
roles of Point of Local Repair (PLR), protector, and backup egress
router and the procedures of establishing a bypass tunnel from a PLR
to a protector. It describes the behaviors of these routers in
handling an egress failure, including local repair on the PLR and
context-based forwarding on the protector. The framework can be used
to develop egress protection mechanisms to reduce traffic loss before
global repair reacts to an egress failure and control-plane protocols
converge on the topology changes due to the egress failure.

This document is a product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC
_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org