Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8664 on Path Computation Element Communication Protocol (PCEP) Extensions for Segment Routing

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2019 13:53:42 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8664

        Title:      Path Computation Element Communication Protocol 
                    (PCEP) Extensions for Segment Routing 
        Author:     S. Sivabalan,
                    C. Filsfils,
                    J. Tantsura,
                    W. Henderickx,
                    J. Hardwick
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       December 2019
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      29
        Updates:    RFC 8408

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pce-segment-routing-16.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8664

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8664

Segment Routing (SR) enables any head-end node to select any path
without relying on a hop-by-hop signaling technique (e.g., LDP or
RSVP-TE). It depends only on "segments" that are advertised by
link-state Interior Gateway Protocols (IGPs). An SR path can be
derived from a variety of mechanisms, including an IGP Shortest Path
Tree (SPT), an explicit configuration, or a Path Computation Element
(PCE). This document specifies extensions to the Path Computation
Element Communication Protocol (PCEP) that allow a stateful PCE to
compute and initiate Traffic-Engineering (TE) paths, as well as a
Path Computation Client (PCC) to request a path subject to certain
constraints and optimization criteria in SR networks.

This document updates RFC 8408.

This document is a product of the Path Computation Element Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC
_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org