Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8700 on Fifty Years of RFCs

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2019 12:54:22 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8700

        Title:      Fifty Years of RFCs 
        Author:     H. Flanagan, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IAB
        Date:       December 2019
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      22
        Updates:    RFC 2555, RFC 5540

        I-D Tag:    draft-iab-fiftyyears-01.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8700

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8700

This RFC marks the fiftieth anniversary for the RFC Series. It
includes both retrospective material from individuals involved at key
inflection points as well as a review of the current state of
affairs. It concludes with thoughts on possibilities for the next
fifty years for the Series. This document updates the perspectives
offered in RFCs 2555 and 5540.

This document is a product of the Internet Architecture Board.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org