Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8702 on Use of the SHAKE One-Way Hash Functions in the Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2020 14:07:21 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8702

        Title:      Use of the SHAKE One-Way 
                    Hash Functions in the Cryptographic Message 
                    Syntax (CMS) 
        Author:     P. Kampanakis, 
                    Q. Dang
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      16
        Updates:    RFC 3370

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-lamps-cms-shakes-18.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8702

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8702

This document updates the "Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS)
Algorithms" (RFC 3370) and describes the conventions for using the
SHAKE family of hash functions in the Cryptographic Message Syntax as
one-way hash functions with the RSA Probabilistic Signature Scheme
(RSASSA-PSS) and Elliptic Curve Digital Signature Algorithm (ECDSA). 
The conventions for the associated signer public keys in CMS are also
described.

This document is a product of the Limited Additional Mechanisms for PKIX and SMIME Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org