Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8701 on Applying Generate Random Extensions And Sustain Extensibility (GREASE) to TLS Extensibility

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2020 12:33:57 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8701

        Title:      Applying Generate Random Extensions And 
                    Sustain Extensibility (GREASE) to TLS Extensibility 
        Author:     D. Benjamin
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2019
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-tls-grease-04.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8701

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8701

This document describes GREASE (Generate Random Extensions And
Sustain Extensibility), a mechanism to prevent extensibility failures
in the TLS ecosystem. It reserves a set of TLS protocol values that
may be advertised to ensure peers correctly handle unknown values.

This document is a product of the Transport Layer Security Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org