Subject: [rfc-dist] Moved to Historic: RFC 4406 on Sender ID: Authenticating E-Mail

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2020 11:03:05 -0800 (PST)

RFC 4406 has been reclassified as Historic.
        
        RFC 4406

        Title:      Sender ID: Authenticating E-Mail 
        Author:     J. Lyon,
                    M. Wong
        Status:     Historic
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2006
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-lyon-senderid-core-01.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc4406

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC4406

Internet mail suffers from the fact that much unwanted mail is sent
using spoofed addresses -- "spoofed" in this case means that the address
is used without the permission of the domain owner.  This document
describes a family of tests by which SMTP servers can determine
whether an e-mail address in a received message was used with the
permission of the owner of the domain contained in that e-mail
address.  This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet community.

HISTORIC: This memo defines a Historic Document for the Internet
community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC
_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org