Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8741 on Ability for a Stateful Path Computation Element (PCE) to Request and Obtain Control of a Label Switched Path (LSP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2020 21:50:26 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8741

        Title:      Ability for a Stateful Path Computation 
                    Element (PCE) to Request and Obtain 
                    Control of a Label Switched Path (LSP) 
        Author:     A. Raghuram,
                    A. Goddard,
                    J. Karthik, 
                    S. Sivabalan,
                    M. Negi
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pce-lsp-control-request-11.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8741

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8741

A stateful Path Computation Element (PCE) retains information about
the placement of Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) Traffic
Engineering Label Switched Paths (TE LSPs). When a PCE has stateful
control over LSPs, it may send indications to LSP head-ends to modify
the attributes (especially the paths) of the LSPs. A Path Computation
Client (PCC) that has set up LSPs under local configuration may
delegate control of those LSPs to a stateful PCE.

There are use cases in which a stateful PCE may wish to obtain
control of locally configured LSPs that it is aware of but have not
been delegated to the PCE.

This document describes an extension to the Path Computation Element
Communication Protocol (PCEP) to enable a PCE to make requests for
such control.

This document is a product of the Path Computation Element Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC
_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org