Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8768 on Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP) Hop-Limit Option

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2020 21:21:26 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8768

        Title:      Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP) 
                    Hop-Limit Option 
        Author:     M. Boucadair, 
                    T. Reddy.K,
                    J. Shallow
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-core-hop-limit-07.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8768

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8768

The presence of Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP) proxies may
lead to infinite forwarding loops, which is undesirable. To prevent
and detect such loops, this document specifies the Hop-Limit CoAP
option.

This document is a product of the Constrained RESTful Environments Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC
_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org