Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8747 on Proof-of-Possession Key Semantics for CBOR Web Tokens (CWTs)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2020 21:50:30 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8747

        Title:      Proof-of-Possession Key Semantics for
                    CBOR Web Tokens (CWTs) 
        Author:     M. Jones, 
                    L. Seitz,
                    G. Selander, 
                    S. Erdtman,
                    H. Tschofenig
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ace-cwt-proof-of-possession-11.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8747

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8747

This specification describes how to declare in a CBOR Web Token (CWT)
(which is defined by RFC 8392) that the presenter of the CWT
possesses a particular proof-of-possession key. Being able to prove
possession of a key is also sometimes described as being the
holder-of-key. This specification provides equivalent functionality
to "Proof-of-Possession Key Semantics for JSON Web Tokens (JWTs)"
(RFC 7800) but using Concise Binary Object Representation (CBOR) and
CWTs rather than JavaScript Object Notation (JSON) and JSON Web
Tokens (JWTs).

This document is a product of the Authentication and Authorization for Constrained Environments Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC
_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org