Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 3716 on IETF in the Large: Administration and Execution

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2020 13:29:04 -0700 (PDT)

RFC 3716 has been reclassified as Historic.

RFC 8717 updates RFCs 2028, 2418, 3005, 3710, 3929, 4633, and 6702. 
In addition, with the authorization of the IAB, it requested that 
the Informational RFC 3716 be made Historic (see Section 4).

By the process documented in
https://www.ietf.org/about/groups/iesg/statements/designating-rfcs-historic-2014-07-20/?topic=22&
there should have been a Last Call for the status change and an
associated status-change document. Due to this being a somewhat
unusual case (RFC 3716 is an IAB document, and the changes was
approved by the IAB), this step was missed.

This "Moved to Historic" announcement has been reissued to note this fact.

        RFC 3716

        Title:      IETF in the Large: Administration 
                    and Execution 
        Author:     IAB Advisory Committee
        Status:     Historic
        Stream:     IAB
        Date:       March 2004
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      40
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-iab-advcomm-01.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc3716

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC3716

In the fall of 2003, the IETF Chair and the IAB Chair formed an IAB Advisory Committee (AdvComm), with a mandate to review the existing IETF administrative structure and relationships (RFC Editor, IETF Secretariat, IANA) and to propose changes to the IETF management process or structure to improve the overall functioning of the IETF.  The AdvComm mandate did not include the standards process itself.  This memo provides information for the Internet community. 

This document is a product of the Internet Architecture Board.

HISTORIC: This memo defines a Historic Document for the Internet
community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org