Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8749 on Moving DNSSEC Lookaside Validation (DLV) to Historic Status

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2020 10:31:11 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8749

        Title:      Moving DNSSEC Lookaside Validation (DLV) 
                    to Historic Status 
        Author:     W. Mekking,
                    D. Mahoney
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      6
        Updates:    RFC 6698, RFC 6840

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dnsop-obsolete-dlv-02.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8749

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8749

This document retires DNSSEC Lookaside Validation (DLV) and
reclassifies RFCs 4431 and 5074 as Historic. Furthermore, this
document updates RFC 6698 by excluding the DLV resource record from
certificates and updates RFC 6840 by excluding the DLV registries
from the trust anchor selection.

This document is a product of the Domain Name System Operations Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org