Subject: [rfc-dist] Moved to Historic: RFC 5047 on DA: Datamover Architecture for the Internet Small Computer System Interface (iSCSI)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2020 18:41:51 -0700 (PDT)

RFC 5047 has been reclassified as Historic.

        RFC 5047

        Title:      DA: Datamover Architecture for the 
                    Internet Small Computer System Interface (iSCSI) 
        Author:     M. Chadalapaka,
                    J. Hufferd,
                    J. Satran,
                    H. Shah
        Status:     Historic
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2007
        Pages:      49
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ips-iwarp-da-05.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc5047

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC5047

The Internet Small Computer System Interface (iSCSI) is a SCSI
transport protocol that maps the SCSI family
of application protocols onto TCP/IP.  Datamover Architecture
for iSCSI (DA) defines an abstract model in which the
movement of data between iSCSI end nodes is logically
separated from the rest of the iSCSI protocol in order to
allow iSCSI to adapt to innovations available in new IP
transports.  While DA defines the architectural functions
required of the class of Datamover protocols, it does not
define any specific Datamover protocols.  Each such Datamover
protocol, defined in a separate document, provides a
reliable transport for all iSCSI PDUs, but actually moves the
data required for certain iSCSI PDUs without involving the
remote iSCSI layer itself.  This document begins with an
introduction of a few new abstractions, defines a layered
architecture for iSCSI and Datamover protocols, and then
models the interactions within an iSCSI end node between the
iSCSI layer and the Datamover layer that happen in order to
transparently perform remote data movement within an IP
fabric.  It is intended that this definition will help map
iSCSI to generic Remote Direct Memory Access (RDMA)-capable IP fabrics in the future
comprising TCP, the Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP), and
possibly other underlying network transport layers, such as InfiniBand.  

This document is a product of the IP Storage Working Group of the IETF.

HISTORIC: This memo defines a Historic Document for the Internet
community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org

---

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2020 20:46:36 -0700

Greetings all,

Please disregard this message - this document has not been moved to
Historic.  

Apoloiges for any confusion.

RFC Editor/sg