Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8778 on Use of the HSS/LMS Hash-Based Signature Algorithm with CBOR Object Signing and Encryption (COSE)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2020 14:12:06 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8778

        Title:      Use of the HSS/LMS Hash-Based 
                    Signature Algorithm with CBOR Object Signing 
                    and Encryption (COSE) 
        Author:     R. Housley
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      15
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-cose-hash-sig-09.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8778

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8778

This document specifies the conventions for using the Hierarchical
Signature System (HSS) / Leighton-Micali Signature (LMS) hash-based
signature algorithm with the CBOR Object Signing and Encryption
(COSE) syntax. The HSS/LMS algorithm is one form of hash-based
digital signature; it is described in RFC 8554.

This document is a product of the CBOR Object Signing and Encryption Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org