Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8777 on DNS Reverse IP Automatic Multicast Tunneling (AMT) Discovery

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2020 08:59:58 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8777

        Title:      DNS Reverse IP Automatic Multicast 
                    Tunneling (AMT) Discovery 
        Author:     J. Holland
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      33
        Updates:    RFC 7450

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mboned-driad-amt-discovery-13.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8777

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8777

This document updates RFC 7450, "Automatic Multicast Tunneling" (or
AMT), by modifying the relay discovery process.  A new DNS resource
record named AMTRELAY is defined for publishing AMT relays for
source-specific multicast channels.  The reverse IP DNS zone for a
multicast sender's IP address is configured to use AMTRELAY resource
records to advertise a set of AMT relays that can receive and forward
multicast traffic from that sender over an AMT tunnel.  Other
extensions and clarifications to the relay discovery process are also
defined.

This document is a product of the MBONE Deployment Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org