Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8763 on Deployment Considerations for Information-Centric Networking (ICN)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2020 18:29:53 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8763

        Title:      Deployment Considerations for 
                    Information-Centric Networking (ICN) 
        Author:     A. Rahman,
                    D. Trossen,
                    D. Kutscher,
                    R. Ravindran
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IRTF
        Date:       April 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      30
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-irtf-icnrg-deployment-guidelines-07.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8763

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8763

Information-Centric Networking (ICN) is now reaching technological
maturity after many years of fundamental research and
experimentation. This document provides a number of deployment
considerations in the interest of helping the ICN community move
forward to the next step of live deployments. First, the major
deployment configurations for ICN are described, including the key
overlay and underlay approaches. Then, proposed deployment migration
paths are outlined to address major practical issues, such as network
and application migration. Next, selected ICN trial experiences are
summarized. Finally, protocol areas that require further
standardization are identified to facilitate future interoperable ICN
deployments. This document is a product of the Information-Centric
Networking Research Group (ICNRG).

This document is a product of the Information-Centric Networking Research Group of the IRTF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce, rfc-dist and IRTF-Announce lists.To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
  https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/irtf-announce

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org