Subject: [rfc-dist] BCP 227, RFC 8758 on Deprecating RC4 in Secure Shell (SSH)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2020 16:55:26 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 227        
        RFC 8758

        Title:      Deprecating RC4 in Secure Shell (SSH) 
        Author:     L. Velvindron
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      5
        Updates:    RFC 4253
        See Also:   BCP 227

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-curdle-rc4-die-die-die-18.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8758

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8758

This document deprecates RC4 in Secure Shell (SSH).  Therefore, this
document formally moves RFC 4345 to Historic status.

This document is a product of the CURves, Deprecating and a Little more Encryption Working Group of the IETF.

BCP: This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for 
improvements. Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org