Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8772 on The China Mobile, Huawei, and ZTE Broadband Network Gateway (BNG) Simple Control and User Plane Separation Protocol (S-CUSP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 May 2020 17:10:48 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8772

        Title:      The China Mobile, Huawei, and ZTE 
                    Broadband Network Gateway (BNG) Simple 
                    Control and User Plane Separation Protocol (S-CUSP) 
        Author:     S. Hu, 
                    D. Eastlake,
                    F. Qin, 
                    T. Chua,
                    D. Huang
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       May 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      124
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-chz-simple-cu-separation-bng-protocol-06.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8772

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8772

A Broadband Network Gateway (BNG) in a fixed wireline access network
is an Ethernet-centric IP edge router and the aggregation point for
subscriber traffic. Control and User Plane Separation (CUPS) for such
a BNG improves flexibility and scalability but requires various
communication between the User Plane (UP) and the Control Plane (CP).
 China Mobile, Huawei Technologies, and ZTE have developed a simple
CUPS control channel protocol to support such communication: the
Simple Control and User Plane Separation Protocol (S-CUSP). S-CUSP is
defined in this document. 

This document is not an IETF standard and does not have IETF
consensus.  S-CUSP is presented here to make its specification
conveniently available to the Internet community to enable diagnosis
and interoperability.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC
_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org