Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8787 on Location Source Parameter for the SIP Geolocation Header Field

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 31 May 2020 13:59:18 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8787

        Title:      Location Source Parameter for the 
                    SIP Geolocation Header Field 
        Author:     J. Winterbottom, 
                    R. Jesske,
                    B. Chatras, 
                    A. Hutton
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Updates:    RFC 6442

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sipcore-locparam-06.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8787

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8787

There are some circumstances where a Geolocation header field may
contain more than one locationValue. Knowing the identity of the node
adding the locationValue allows the recipient more freedom in
selecting the value to look at first rather than relying solely on
the order of the locationValues.  This document defines the "loc-src"
parameter so that the entity adding the locationValue to the
Geolocation header field can identify itself using its hostname. 
This document updates RFC 6442.

This document is a product of the Session Initiation Protocol Core Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC
_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org