Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8798 on Additional Units for Sensor Measurement Lists (SenML)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2020 11:18:11 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8798

        Title:      Additional Units for Sensor Measurement 
                    Lists (SenML) 
        Author:     C. Bormann
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-core-senml-more-units-06.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8798

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8798

The Sensor Measurement Lists (SenML) media type supports the
indication of units for a quantity represented.  This short document
registers a number of additional unit names in the IANA registry for
units in SenML.  It also defines a registry for secondary units that
cannot be in SenML's main registry, as they are derived by linear
transformation from units already in that registry.

This document is a product of the Constrained RESTful Environments Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org