Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8793 on Information-Centric Networking (ICN): Content-Centric Networking (CCNx) and Named Data Networking (NDN) Terminology

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2020 18:13:41 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8793

        Title:      Information-Centric Networking (ICN): 
                    Content-Centric Networking (CCNx)
                    and Named Data Networking (NDN) 
                    Terminology 
        Author:     B. Wissingh,
                    C. Wood,
                    A. Afanasyev,
                    L. Zhang,
                    D. Oran,
                    C. Tschudin
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IRTF
        Date:       June 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      17
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-irtf-icnrg-terminology-08.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8793

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8793

Information-Centric Networking (ICN) is a novel paradigm where
network communications are accomplished by requesting named content
instead of sending packets to destination addresses. Named Data
Networking (NDN) and Content-Centric Networking (CCNx) are two
prominent ICN architectures. This document provides an overview of
the terminology and definitions that have been used in describing
concepts in these two implementations of ICN. While there are other
ICN architectures, they are not part of the NDN and CCNx concepts and
as such are out of scope for this document. This document is a
product of the Information-Centric Networking Research Group (ICNRG).

This document is a product of the Information-Centric Networking Research Group of the IRTF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce, rfc-dist and IRTF-Announce lists.To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
  https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/irtf-announce

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org