Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8799 on Limited Domains and Internet Protocols

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2020 09:58:00 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8799

        Title:      Limited Domains and Internet Protocols 
        Author:     B. Carpenter,
                    B. Liu
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       July 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      23
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-carpenter-limited-domains-13.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8799

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8799

There is a noticeable trend towards network behaviors and semantics
that are specific to a particular set of requirements applied within
a limited region of the Internet. Policies, default parameters, the
options supported, the style of network management, and security
requirements may vary between such limited regions. This document
reviews examples of such limited domains (also known as controlled
environments), notes emerging solutions, and includes a related
taxonomy. It then briefly discusses the standardization of protocols
for limited domains. Finally, it shows the need for a precise
definition of "limited domain membership" and for mechanisms to allow
nodes to join a domain securely and to find other members, including
boundary nodes. 

This document is the product of the research of the authors. It has
been produced through discussions and consultation within the IETF
but is not the product of IETF consensus.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org