Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8810 on Revision to Capability Codes Registration Procedures

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2020 17:11:49 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8810

        Title:      Revision to Capability Codes Registration 
                    Procedures 
        Author:     J. Scudder
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      5
        Updates:    RFC 5492

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-idr-capabilities-registry-change-09.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8810

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8810

This document updates RFC 5492 by making a change to the registration
procedures for BGP Capability Codes. Specifically, the range formerly
designated "Private Use" is divided into three new ranges: "First
Come First Served", "Experimental Use", and "Reserved".

This document is a product of the Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC
_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org