Subject: [rfc-dist] BCP 229, RFC 8815 on Deprecating Any-Source Multicast (ASM) for Interdomain Multicast

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2020 16:34:27 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 229        
        RFC 8815

        Title:      Deprecating Any-Source Multicast (ASM) for 
                    Interdomain Multicast 
        Author:     M. Abrahamsson,
                    T. Chown,
                    L. Giuliano,
                    T. Eckert
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        See Also:   BCP 229

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mboned-deprecate-interdomain-asm-07.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8815

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8815

This document recommends deprecation of the use of Any-Source
Multicast (ASM) for interdomain multicast. It recommends the use of
Source-Specific Multicast (SSM) for interdomain multicast
applications and recommends that hosts and routers in these
deployments fully support SSM.  The recommendations in this document
do not preclude the continued use of ASM within a single organization
or domain and are especially easy to adopt in existing deployments of
intradomain ASM using PIM Sparse Mode (PIM-SM).

This document is a product of the MBONE Deployment Working Group of the IETF.

BCP: This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for 
improvements. Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org