Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8892 on Guidelines and Registration Procedures for Interface Types and Tunnel Types

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2020 16:31:37 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8892

        Title:      Guidelines and Registration Procedures 
                    for Interface Types and Tunnel Types 
        Author:     D. Thaler, 
                    D. Romascanu
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      13
        Updates:    RFC 2863

        I-D Tag:    draft-thaler-iftype-reg-07.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8892

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8892

This document provides guidelines and procedures for those who are
defining, registering, or evaluating definitions of new interface
types ("ifType" values) and tunnel types. The original definition of
the IANA interface type registry predated the use of IANA
Considerations sections and YANG modules, so some confusion arose
over time. Tunnel types were added later, with the same requirements
and allocation policy as interface types. This document updates RFC
2863 and provides updated guidance for these registries.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC
_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org