Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8813 on Clarifications for Elliptic Curve Cryptography Subject Public Key Information

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2020 21:46:49 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8813

        Title:      Clarifications for Elliptic Curve Cryptography 
                    Subject Public Key Information 
        Author:     T. Ito,
                    S. Turner
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      3
        Updates:    RFC 5480

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-lamps-5480-ku-clarifications-03.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8813

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8813

This document updates RFC 5480 to specify semantics for the
keyEncipherment and dataEncipherment key usage bits when used in
certificates that support Elliptic Curve Cryptography.

This document is a product of the Limited Additional Mechanisms for PKIX and SMIME Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org