Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8893 on Resource Public Key Infrastructure (RPKI) Origin Validation for BGP Export

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2020 16:46:20 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8893

        Title:      Resource Public Key Infrastructure (RPKI) 
                    Origin Validation for BGP Export 
        Author:     R. Bush,
                    R. Volk,
                    J. Heitz
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      5
        Updates:    RFC 6811

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sidrops-ov-egress-04.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8893

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8893

A BGP speaker may perform Resource Public Key Infrastructure (RPKI)
origin validation not only on routes received from BGP neighbors and
routes that are redistributed from other routing protocols, but also
on routes it sends to BGP neighbors.  For egress policy, it is
important that the classification use the 'effective origin AS' of
the processed route, which may specifically be altered by the
commonly available knobs, such as removing private ASes,
confederation handling, and other modifications of the origin AS. 
This document updates RFC 6811.

This document is a product of the SIDR Operations Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org