Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8891 on GOST R 34.12-2015: Block Cipher "Magma"

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2020 22:33:22 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8891

        Title:      GOST R 34.12-2015: Block Cipher "Magma" 
        Author:     V. Dolmatov, Ed.,
                    D. Baryshkov
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       September 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      13
        Updates:    RFC 5830

        I-D Tag:    draft-dolmatov-magma-06.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8891

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8891

In addition to a new cipher with a block length of n=128 bits
(referred to as "Kuznyechik" and described in RFC 7801), Russian
Federal standard GOST R 34.12-2015 includes an updated version of the
block cipher with a block length of n=64 bits and key length of k=256
bits, which is also referred to as "Magma". The algorithm is an
updated version of an older block cipher with a block length of n=64
bits described in GOST 28147-89 (RFC 5830). This document is intended
to be a source of information about the updated version of the 64-bit
cipher. It may facilitate the use of the block cipher in Internet
applications by providing information for developers and users of the
GOST 64-bit cipher with the revised version of the cipher for
encryption and decryption.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC
_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org