Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8904 on DNS Whitelist (DNSWL) Email Authentication Method Extension

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2020 16:17:23 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8904

        Title:      DNS Whitelist (DNSWL) Email Authentication 
                    Method Extension 
        Author:     A. Vesely
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       September 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-vesely-authmethod-dnswl-16.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8904

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8904

This document describes an email authentication method compliant with
RFC 8601.  The method consists of looking up the sender's IP address
in a DNS whitelist.  This document provides information in case the
method is seen in the field, suggests a useful practice, and
registers the relevant keywords. 

This document does not consider blacklists.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org