Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8940 on Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) Session-Id Derivation for EAP Subscriber Identity Module (EAP-SIM), EAP Authentication and Key Agreement (EAP-AKA), and Protected EAP (PEAP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2020 15:37:54 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8940

        Title:      Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) Session-Id 
                    Derivation for EAP Subscriber Identity Module 
                    (EAP-SIM), EAP Authentication and Key Agreement 
                    (EAP-AKA), and Protected EAP (PEAP) 
        Author:     A. DeKok
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Updates:    RFC 5247

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-emu-eap-session-id-07.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8940

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8940

RFC 5247 is updated to define and clarify EAP Session-Id derivation
for multiple Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) methods.  The
derivation of Session-Id was not given for EAP Subscriber Identity
Module (EAP-SIM) or EAP Authentication and Key Agreement (EAP-AKA)
when using the fast reconnect exchange instead of full
authentication.  The derivation of Session-Id for full authentication
is clarified for both EAP-SIM and EAP-AKA.  The derivation of
Session-Id for Protected EAP (PEAP) is also given.  The definition
for PEAP follows the definition for other TLS-based EAP methods.

This document is a product of the EAP Method Update Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org