Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8914 on Extended DNS Errors

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2020 14:15:07 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8914

        Title:      Extended DNS Errors 
        Author:     W. Kumari,
                    E. Hunt,
                    R. Arends,
                    W. Hardaker,
                    D. Lawrence
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      13
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dnsop-extended-error-16.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8914

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8914

This document defines an extensible method to return additional
information about the cause of DNS errors. Though created primarily
to extend SERVFAIL to provide additional information about the cause
of DNS and DNSSEC failures, the Extended DNS Errors option defined in
this document allows all response types to contain extended error
information. Extended DNS Error information does not change the
processing of RCODEs.

This document is a product of the Domain Name System Operations Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org