Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8917 on The LoST-Validation Straightforward-Naming Authority PoinTeR (S-NAPTR) Application Service Tag

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2020 14:10:18 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8917

        Title:      The LoST-Validation Straightforward-Naming Authority 
                    PoinTeR (S-NAPTR) Application Service Tag 
        Author:     R. Gellens, B. Rosen
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Updates:    RFC 5222

        I-D Tag:    draft-gellens-lost-validation-09.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8917

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8917

This document adds the 'LoST-Validation' service tag to the
Straightforward-Naming Authority PoinTeR (S-NAPTR) Application
Service Tag IANA registry.  This tag can appear in a Naming Authority
Pointer (NAPTR) Domain Name System (DNS) record to assist clients of
the Location-to-Service Translation (LoST) Protocol in identifying
LoST servers designated for location validation.  This tag and the
information about its use update RFC 5222, which enables the explicit
discovery of a server that supports location validation.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org