Subject: [rfc-dist] STD 93, RFC 8945 on Secret Key Transaction Authentication for DNS (TSIG)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2020 15:19:49 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        STD 93        
        RFC 8945

        Title:      Secret Key Transaction Authentication for 
                    DNS (TSIG) 
        Author:     F. Dupont, 
                    S. Morris,
                    P. Vixie, 
                    D. Eastlake 3rd,
                    O. Gudmundsson, 
                    B. Wellington
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      22
        Obsoletes:  RFC 2845, RFC 4635
        See Also:   STD 93

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dnsop-rfc2845bis-09.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8945

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8945

This document describes a protocol for transaction-level
authentication using shared secrets and one-way hashing.  It can be
used to authenticate dynamic updates to a DNS zone as coming from an
approved client or to authenticate responses as coming from an
approved name server.

No recommendation is made here for distributing the shared secrets;
it is expected that a network administrator will statically configure
name servers and clients using some out-of-band mechanism.

This document obsoletes RFCs 2845 and 4635.

This document is a product of the Domain Name System Operations Working Group of the IETF.

This is now an Internet Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC
_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org