Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8939 on Deterministic Networking (DetNet) Data Plane: IP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2020 14:12:11 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8939

        Title:      Deterministic Networking (DetNet) Data Plane: IP 
        Author:     B. Varga, Ed.,
                    J. Farkas, 
                    L. Berger,
                    D. Fedyk, 
                    S. Bryant
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      21
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-detnet-ip-07.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8939

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8939

This document specifies the Deterministic Networking (DetNet) data
plane operation for IP hosts and routers that provide DetNet service
to IP-encapsulated data. No DetNet-specific encapsulation is defined
to support IP flows; instead, the existing IP-layer and higher-layer
protocol header information is used to support flow identification
and DetNet service delivery.  This document builds on the DetNet
architecture (RFC 8655) and data plane framework (RFC 8938).

This document is a product of the Deterministic Networking Working Group 
of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC
_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org