Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8726 on How Requests for IANA Action Will Be Handled on the Independent Stream

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2020 13:57:55 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8726

        Title:      How Requests for IANA Action 
                    Will Be Handled on the Independent 
                    Stream 
        Author:     A. Farrel
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       November 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      6
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ise-iana-policy-03.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8726

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8726

The Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) maintains registries
to track code points used by protocols such as those defined by the
IETF and documented in RFCs developed on the IETF Stream.

The Independent Submission Stream is another source of documents that
can be published as RFCs.  This stream is under the care of the
Independent Submissions Editor (ISE).

This document complements RFC 4846 by providing a description of how
the ISE currently handles documents in the Independent Submission
Stream that request actions from IANA. Nothing in this document
changes existing IANA registries or their allocation policies, nor
does it change any previously documented processes.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org