Subject: [rfc-dist] STD 94, RFC 8949 on Concise Binary Object Representation (CBOR)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2020 16:40:56 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        STD 94        
        RFC 8949

        Title:      Concise Binary Object Representation (CBOR) 
        Author:     C. Bormann,
                    P. Hoffman
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       December 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      66
        Obsoletes:  RFC 7049
        See Also:   STD 94

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-cbor-7049bis-16.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8949

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8949

The Concise Binary Object Representation (CBOR) is a data format
whose design goals include the possibility of extremely small code
size, fairly small message size, and extensibility without the need
for version negotiation. These design goals make it different from
earlier binary serializations such as ASN.1 and MessagePack.

This document obsoletes RFC 7049, providing editorial improvements,
new details, and errata fixes while keeping full compatibility with
the interchange format of RFC 7049.  It does not create a new version
of the format.

This document is a product of the Concise Binary Object Representation Maintenance and Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

This is now an Internet Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org