Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8872 on Guidelines for Using the Multiplexing Features of RTP to Support Multiple Media Streams

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2021 16:47:07 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8872

        Title:      Guidelines for Using the Multiplexing Features 
                    of RTP to Support Multiple Media Streams
        Author:     M. Westerlund,
                    B. Burman,
                    C. Perkins,
                    H. Alvestrand,
                    R. Even
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      36
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-avtcore-multiplex-guidelines-12.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8872

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8872

The Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP) is a flexible protocol that
can be used in a wide range of applications, networks, and system
topologies. That flexibility makes for wide applicability but can
complicate the application design process. One particular design
question that has received much attention is how to support multiple
media streams in RTP. This memo discusses the available options and
design trade-offs, and provides guidelines on how to use the
multiplexing features of RTP to support multiple media streams.

This document is a product of the Audio/Video Transport Core Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC
_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org