Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8857 on The WebSocket Protocol as a Transport for the Binary Floor Control Protocol (BFCP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2021 14:56:20 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8857

        Title:      The WebSocket Protocol as a 
                    Transport for the Binary Floor Control 
                    Protocol (BFCP) 
        Author:     V. Pascual,
                    A. Román,
                    S. Cazeaux,
                    G. Salgueiro,
                    R. Ravindranath
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-bfcpbis-bfcp-websocket-15.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8857

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8857

The WebSocket protocol enables two-way real-time communication
between clients and servers. This document specifies the use of
Binary Floor Control Protocol (BFCP) as a new WebSocket subprotocol
enabling a reliable transport mechanism between BFCP entities in new
scenarios.

This document is a product of the Binary Floor Control Protocol Bis Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org