Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8977 on Registration Data Access Protocol (RDAP) Query Parameters for Result Sorting and Paging

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2021 16:37:06 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8977

        Title:      Registration Data Access Protocol (RDAP) 
                    Query Parameters for Result Sorting and 
                    Paging 
        Author:     M. Loffredo,
                    M. Martinelli,
                    S. Hollenbeck
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      23
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-regext-rdap-sorting-and-paging-20.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8977

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8977

The Registration Data Access Protocol (RDAP) does not include core
functionality for clients to provide sorting and paging parameters
for control of large result sets.  This omission can lead to
unpredictable server processing of queries and client processing of
responses.  This unpredictability can be greatly reduced if clients
can provide servers with their preferences for managing large
responses.  This document describes RDAP query extensions that allow
clients to specify their preferences for sorting and paging result
sets.

This document is a product of the Registration Protocols Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org