Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8825 on Overview: Real-Time Protocols for Browser-Based Applications

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2021 13:38:46 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8825

        Title:      Overview: Real-Time Protocols for Browser-Based 
                    Applications 
        Author:     H. Alvestrand
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      17
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-rtcweb-overview-19.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8825

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8825

This document gives an overview and context of a protocol suite
intended for use with real-time applications that can be deployed in
browsers -- "real-time communication on the Web".

It intends to serve as a starting and coordination point to make sure
that (1) all the parts that are needed to achieve this goal are
findable and (2) the parts that belong in the Internet protocol suite
are fully specified and on the right publication track.

This document is an applicability statement -- it does not itself
specify any protocol, but it specifies which other specifications
implementations are supposed to follow to be compliant with Web
Real-Time Communication (WebRTC).

This document is a product of the Real-Time Communication in WEB-browsers Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org