Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8843 on Negotiating Media Multiplexing Using the Session Description Protocol (SDP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2021 16:31:58 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8843

        Title:      Negotiating Media Multiplexing Using 
                    the Session Description Protocol (SDP) 
        Author:     C. Holmberg,
                    H. Alvestrand,
                    C. Jennings
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      50
        Updates:    RFC 3264, RFC 5888, RFC 7941

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-bundle-negotiation-54.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8843

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8843

This specification defines a new Session Description Protocol (SDP)
Grouping Framework extension called 'BUNDLE'. The extension can be
used with the SDP offer/answer mechanism to negotiate the usage of a
single transport (5-tuple) for sending and receiving media described
by multiple SDP media descriptions ("m=" sections). Such transport is
referred to as a BUNDLE transport, and the media is referred to as
bundled media. The "m=" sections that use the BUNDLE transport form a
BUNDLE group. 

This specification defines a new RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Source
Description (SDES) item and a new RTP header extension.

This specification updates RFCs 3264, 5888, and 7941.

This document is a product of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC
_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org