Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8871 on A Solution Framework for Private Media in Privacy-Enhanced RTP Conferencing (PERC)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2021 16:47:04 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8871

        Title:      A Solution Framework for Private Media
                    in Privacy-Enhanced RTP Conferencing (PERC) 
        Author:     P. Jones,
                    D. Benham,
                    C. Groves
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      23
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-perc-private-media-framework-12.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8871

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8871

This document describes a solution framework for ensuring that media
confidentiality and integrity are maintained end to end within the
context of a switched conferencing environment where Media
Distributors are not trusted with the end-to-end media encryption
keys.  The solution builds upon existing security mechanisms defined
for the Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP).

This document is a product of the Privacy Enhanced RTP Conferencing Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC
_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org