Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 9003 on Extended BGP Administrative Shutdown Communication

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2021 12:21:12 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9003

        Title:      Extended BGP Administrative Shutdown Communication 
        Author:     J. Snijders, 
                    J. Heitz,
                    J. Scudder, 
                    A. Azimov
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Obsoletes:  RFC 8203
        Updates:    RFC 4486

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-idr-rfc8203bis-08.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9003

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9003

This document enhances the BGP Cease NOTIFICATION message
"Administrative Shutdown" and "Administrative Reset" subcodes for
operators to transmit a short free-form message to describe why a BGP
session was shut down or reset. This document updates RFC 4486 and
obsoletes RFC 8203 by defining an Extended BGP Administrative
Shutdown Communication of up to 255 octets to improve communication
using multibyte character sets.

This document is a product of the Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC
_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org