Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8866 on SDP: Session Description Protocol

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2021 16:21:54 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8866

        Title:      SDP: Session Description Protocol 
        Author:     A. Begen,
                    P. Kyzivat,
                    C. Perkins,
                    M. Handley
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      57
        Obsoletes:  RFC 4566

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc4566bis-37.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8866

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8866

This memo defines the Session Description Protocol (SDP). SDP is
intended for describing multimedia sessions for the purposes of
session announcement, session invitation, and other forms of
multimedia session initiation. This document obsoletes RFC 4566.

This document is a product of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org