Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8860 on Sending Multiple Types of Media in a Single RTP Session

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2021 16:46:22 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8860

        Title:      Sending Multiple Types of Media 
                    in a Single RTP Session 
        Author:     M. Westerlund,
                    C. Perkins,
                    J. Lennox
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      15
        Updates:    RFC 3550, RFC 3551

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-avtcore-multi-media-rtp-session-13.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8860

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8860

This document specifies how an RTP session can contain RTP streams
with media from multiple media types such as audio, video, and text.
This has been restricted by the RTP specifications (RFCs 3550 and
3551), and thus this document updates RFCs 3550 and 3551 to enable
this behaviour for applications that satisfy the applicability for
using multiple media types in a single RTP session.

This document is a product of the Audio/Video Transport Core Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC
_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org