Subject: [rfc-dist] Correction: RFC 8838 on Trickle ICE: Incremental Provisioning of Candidates for the Interactive Connectivity Establishment (ICE) Protocol

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2021 17:38:37 -0800 (PST)

[Year corrected to "2021" below.]

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

       RFC 8838

       Title:      Trickle ICE: Incremental Provisioning of Candidates  
                   for the Interactive Connectivity Establishment (ICE)
                   Protocol 
       Author:     E. Ivov,
                   J. Uberti,
                   P. Saint-Andre
       Status:     Standards Track
       Stream:     IETF
       Date:       January 2021
       Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                   [email-masked],
                   [email-masked]
       Pages:      22
       Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

       I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ice-trickle-21.txt

       URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8838

       DOI:        10.17487/RFC8838

This document describes "Trickle ICE", an extension to the
Interactive Connectivity Establishment (ICE) protocol that enables
ICE agents to begin connectivity checks while they are still
gathering candidates, by incrementally exchanging candidates over
time instead of all at once. This method can considerably accelerate
the process of establishing a communication session.

This document is a product of the Interactive Connectivity Establishment Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
 https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
 https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC
_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org