Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8819 on YANG Module Tags

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2021 15:06:10 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8819

        Title:      YANG Module Tags 
        Author:     C. Hopps,
                    L. Berger,
                    D. Bogdanovic
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      19
        Updates:    RFC 8407

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-netmod-module-tags-10.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8819

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8819

This document provides for the association of tags with YANG modules.
The expectation is for such tags to be used to help classify and
organize modules. A method for defining, reading, and writing modules
tags is provided. Tags may be registered and assigned during module
definition, assigned by implementations, or dynamically defined and
set by users. This document also provides guidance to future model
writers; as such, this document updates RFC 8407.

This document is a product of the Network Modeling Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC
_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org