Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8957 on Synonymous Flow Label Framework

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2021 09:23:24 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8957

        Title:      Synonymous Flow Label Framework 
        Author:     S. Bryant,
                    M. Chen,
                    G. Swallow,
                    S. Sivabalan,
                    G. Mirsky
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mpls-sfl-framework-11.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8957

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8957

RFC 8372 ("MPLS Flow Identification Considerations") describes the
requirement for introducing flow identities within the MPLS
architecture.  This document describes a method of accomplishing this
by using a technique called "Synonymous Flow Labels" in which labels
that mimic the behavior of other labels provide the identification
service. These identifiers can be used to trigger per-flow operations
on the packet at the receiving label switching router.

This document is a product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC
_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org