Subject: [rfc-dist] Correction: RFC 8840 on A Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Usage for Incremental Provisioning of Candidates for the Interactive Connectivity Establishment (Trickle ICE)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2021 17:38:51 -0800 (PST)

[Year corrected to "2021" below.]

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

       RFC 8840

       Title:      A Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Usage
                   for Incremental Provisioning of Candidates 
                   for the Interactive Connectivity Establishment 
                   (Trickle ICE) 
       Author:     E. Ivov,
                   T. Stach,
                   E. Marocco,
                   C. Holmberg
       Status:     Standards Track
       Stream:     IETF
       Date:       January 2021
       Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                   [email-masked],
                   [email-masked],
                   [email-masked]
       Pages:      34
       Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

       I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mmusic-trickle-ice-sip-18.txt

       URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8840

       DOI:        10.17487/RFC8840

The Interactive Connectivity Establishment (ICE) protocol describes a
Network Address Translator (NAT) traversal mechanism for UDP-based
multimedia sessions established with the Offer/Answer model. The ICE
extension for Incremental Provisioning of Candidates (Trickle ICE)
defines a mechanism that allows ICE Agents to shorten session
establishment delays by making the candidate gathering and
connectivity checking phases of ICE non-blocking and by executing
them in parallel. 

This document defines usage semantics for Trickle ICE with the
Session Initiation Protocol (SIP).  The document also defines a new
SIP Info Package to support this usage together with the
corresponding media type.  Additionally, a new Session Description
Protocol (SDP) "end-of-candidates" attribute and a new SIP option tag
"trickle-ice" are defined.

This document is a product of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
 https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
 https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC
_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org