Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8833 on Application-Layer Protocol Negotiation (ALPN) for WebRTC

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2021 15:29:30 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8833

        Title:      Application-Layer Protocol Negotiation (ALPN) for 
                    WebRTC 
        Author:     M. Thomson
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      6
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-rtcweb-alpn-04.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8833

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8833

This document specifies two Application-Layer Protocol Negotiation
(ALPN) labels for use with Web Real-Time Communication (WebRTC).  The
"webrtc" label identifies regular WebRTC: a DTLS session that is used
to establish keys for the Secure Real-time Transport Protocol (SRTP)
or to establish data channels using the Stream Control Transmission
Protocol (SCTP) over DTLS.  The "c-webrtc" label describes the same
protocol, but the peers also agree to maintain the confidentiality of
the media by not sharing it with other applications.

This document is a product of the Real-Time Communication in WEB-browsers Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org