Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8830 on WebRTC MediaStream Identification in the Session Description Protocol

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2021 15:28:07 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8830

        Title:      WebRTC MediaStream Identification in the 
                    Session Description Protocol 
        Author:     H. Alvestrand
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mmusic-msid-17.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8830

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8830

This document specifies a Session Description Protocol (SDP) grouping
mechanism for RTP media streams that can be used to specify relations
between media streams.

This mechanism is used to signal the association between the SDP
concept of "media description" and the Web Real-Time Communication
(WebRTC) concept of MediaStream/MediaStreamTrack using SDP signaling.

This document is a product of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org