Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8989 on Additional Criteria for Nominating Committee Eligibility

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2021 19:56:40 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8989

        Title:      Additional Criteria for Nominating Committee 
                    Eligibility 
        Author:     B. Carpenter,
                    S. Farrell
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-carpenter-eligibility-expand-10.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8989

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8989

This document defines a process experiment under RFC 3933 that
temporarily updates the criteria for qualifying volunteers to
participate in the IETF Nominating Committee. It therefore also
updates the criteria for qualifying signatories to a community recall
petition. The purpose is to make the criteria more flexible in view
of increasing remote participation in the IETF and a reduction in
face-to-face meetings. The experiment is of fixed duration and will
apply to one, or at most two, consecutive Nominating Committee
cycles, starting in 2021. This document temporarily varies the rules
in RFC 8713.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org