Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8946 on Personal Assertion Token (PASSporT) Extension for Diverted Calls

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2021 23:34:26 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8946

        Title:      Personal Assertion Token (PASSporT) Extension 
                    for Diverted Calls 
        Author:     J. Peterson
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      17
        Updates:    RFC 8224

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-stir-passport-divert-09.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8946

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8946

The Personal Assertion Token (PASSporT) is specified in RFC 8225 to
convey cryptographically signed information about the people involved
in personal communications. This document extends PASSporT to include
an indication that a call has been diverted from its original
destination to a new one. This information can greatly improve the
decisions made by verification services in call forwarding scenarios.
Also specified here is an encapsulation mechanism for nesting a
PASSporT within another PASSporT that assists relying parties in some
diversion scenarios.

This document updates RFC 8224.

This document is a product of the Secure Telephone Identity Revisited Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org