Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8941 on Structured Field Values for HTTP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2021 15:37:07 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8941

        Title:      Structured Field Values for HTTP 
        Author:     M. Nottingham,
                    P-H. Kamp
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      30
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-httpbis-header-structure-19.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8941

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8941

This document describes a set of data types and associated algorithms
that are intended to make it easier and safer to define and handle
HTTP header and trailer fields, known as "Structured Fields",
"Structured Headers", or "Structured Trailers". It is intended for
use by specifications of new HTTP fields that wish to use a common
syntax that is more restrictive than traditional HTTP field values.

This document is a product of the HTTP Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org