Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8985 on The RACK-TLP Loss Detection Algorithm for TCP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2021 18:21:41 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8985

        Title:      The RACK-TLP Loss Detection Algorithm 
                    for TCP 
        Author:     Y. Cheng,
                    N. Cardwell,
                    N. Dukkipati,
                    P. Jha
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      29
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-tcpm-rack-15.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8985

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8985

This document presents the RACK-TLP loss detection algorithm for TCP.
RACK-TLP uses per-segment transmit timestamps and selective
acknowledgments (SACKs) and has two parts. Recent Acknowledgment
(RACK) starts fast recovery quickly using time-based inferences
derived from acknowledgment (ACK) feedback, and Tail Loss Probe (TLP)
leverages RACK and sends a probe packet to trigger ACK feedback to
avoid retransmission timeout (RTO) events. Compared to the widely
used duplicate acknowledgment (DupAck) threshold approach, RACK-TLP
detects losses more efficiently when there are application-limited
flights of data, lost retransmissions, or data packet reordering
events. It is intended to be an alternative to the DupAck threshold
approach.

This document is a product of the TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org