Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8979 on Subscriber and Performance Policy Identifier Context Headers in the Network Service Header (NSH)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2021 22:57:51 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8979

        Title:      Subscriber and Performance Policy Identifier 
                    Context Headers in the Network Service 
                    Header (NSH) 
        Author:     B. Sarikaya,
                    D. von Hugo,
                    M. Boucadair
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sfc-serviceid-header-14.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8979

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8979

This document defines the Subscriber and Performance Policy
Identifier Context Headers.  These Variable-Length Context Headers
can be carried in the Network Service Header (NSH) and are used to
inform Service Functions (SFs) of subscriber- and performance-related
information for the sake of policy enforcement and appropriate
Service Function Chaining (SFC) operations. The structure of each
Context Header and their use and processing by NSH-aware nodes are
described.

This document is a product of the Service Function Chaining Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org