Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8998 on ShangMi (SM) Cipher Suites for TLS 1.3

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2021 12:30:29 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8998

        Title:      ShangMi (SM) Cipher Suites for TLS 1.3 
        Author:     P. Yang
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       March 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      13
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-yang-tls-tls13-sm-suites-06.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8998

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8998

This document specifies how to use the ShangMi (SM) cryptographic
algorithms with Transport Layer Security (TLS) protocol version 1.3.

The use of these algorithms with TLS 1.3 is not endorsed by the IETF.
The SM algorithms are becoming mandatory in China, so this document
provides a description of how to use the SM algorithms with TLS 1.3
and specifies a profile of TLS 1.3 so that implementers can produce
interworking implementations.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org