Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8822 on 5G Wireless Wireline Convergence User Plane Encapsulation (5WE)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2021 12:22:45 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8822

        Title:      5G Wireless Wireline Convergence User 
                    Plane Encapsulation (5WE) 
        Author:     D. Allan, Ed.,
                    D. Eastlake,
                    D. Woolley
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-allan-5g-fmc-encapsulation-08.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8822

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8822

As part of providing wireline access to the 5G Core (5GC), deployed
wireline networks carry user data between 5G residential gateways and
the 5G Access Gateway Function (AGF). The encapsulation method
specified in this document supports the multiplexing of traffic for
multiple PDU sessions within a VLAN-delineated access circuit,
permits legacy equipment in the data path to inspect certain packet
fields, carries 5G QoS information associated with the packet data,
and provides efficient encoding. It achieves this by specific points
of similarity with the Point-to-Point Protocol over Ethernet (PPPoE)
data packet encapsulation (RFC 2516).

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org