Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 9009 on Efficient Route Invalidation

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2021 15:55:24 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9009

        Title:      Efficient Route Invalidation 
        Author:     R.A. Jadhav, Ed.,
                    P. Thubert,
                    R.N. Sahoo,
                    Z. Cao
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      21
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-roll-efficient-npdao-18.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9009

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9009

This document explains the problems associated with the use of
No-Path Destination Advertisement Object (NPDAO) messaging in RFC
6550 and also discusses the requirements for an optimized route
invalidation messaging scheme. Further, this document specifies a new
proactive route invalidation message called the "Destination Cleanup
Object" (DCO), which fulfills requirements for optimized route
invalidation messaging.

This document is a product of the Routing Over Low power and Lossy networks Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org