Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 9026 on Multicast VPN Fast Upstream Failover

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2021 12:48:48 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9026

        Title:      Multicast VPN Fast Upstream Failover 
        Author:     T. Morin, Ed.,
                    R. Kebler, Ed.,
                    G. Mirsky, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      22
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-fast-failover-15.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9026

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9026

This document defines Multicast Virtual Private Network (VPN)
extensions and procedures that allow fast failover for upstream
failures by allowing downstream Provider Edges (PEs) to consider the
status of Provider-Tunnels (P-tunnels) when selecting the Upstream PE
for a VPN multicast flow.  The fast failover is enabled by using
"Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD) for Multipoint Networks"
(RFC 8562)  and the new BGP Attribute, BFD Discriminator.  Also, this
document introduces a new BGP Community, Standby PE, extending BGP
Multicast VPN (MVPN) routing so that a C-multicast route can be
advertised toward a Standby Upstream PE.

This document is a product of the BGP Enabled Services Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org