Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 9021 on Use of the Walnut Digital Signature Algorithm with CBOR Object Signing and Encryption (COSE)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 May 2021 15:33:08 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9021

        Title:      Use of the Walnut Digital 
                    Signature Algorithm with CBOR Object Signing 
                    and Encryption (COSE) 
        Author:     D. Atkins
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       May 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-atkins-suit-cose-walnutdsa-07.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9021

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9021

This document specifies the conventions for using the Walnut Digital
Signature Algorithm (WalnutDSA) for digital signatures with the CBOR
Object Signing and Encryption (COSE) syntax.  WalnutDSA is a
lightweight, quantum-resistant signature scheme based on Group
Theoretic Cryptography with implementation and computational
efficiency of signature verification in constrained environments,
even on 8- and 16-bit platforms.

The goal of this publication is to document a way to use the
lightweight, quantum-resistant WalnutDSA signature algorithm in COSE
in a way that would allow multiple developers to build compatible
implementations.  As of this publication, the security properties of
WalnutDSA have not been evaluated by the IETF and its use has not
been endorsed by the IETF. 

WalnutDSA and the Walnut Digital Signature Algorithm are trademarks
of Veridify Security Inc.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org