Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 9038 on Extensible Provisioning Protocol (EPP) Unhandled Namespaces

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 29 May 2021 22:32:17 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9038

        Title:      Extensible Provisioning Protocol (EPP)  
                    Unhandled Namespaces 
        Author:     J. Gould,
                    M. Casanova
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      21
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-regext-unhandled-namespaces-08.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9038

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9038

The Extensible Provisioning Protocol (EPP), as defined in RFC 5730,
includes a method for the client and server to determine the objects
to be managed during a session and the object extensions to be used
during a session.  The services are identified using namespace URIs,
and an "unhandled namespace" is one that is associated with a service
not supported by the client. This document defines an operational
practice that enables the server to return information associated
with unhandled namespace URIs and that maintains compliance with the
negotiated services defined in RFC 5730.

This document is a product of the Registration Protocols Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org