Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 9014 on Interconnect Solution for Ethernet VPN (EVPN) Overlay Networks

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 May 2021 18:23:41 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9014

        Title:      Interconnect Solution for Ethernet VPN 
                    (EVPN) Overlay Networks 
        Author:     J. Rabadan, Ed.,
                    S. Sathappan,
                    W. Henderickx,
                    A. Sajassi,
                    J. Drake
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      24
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-bess-dci-evpn-overlay-10.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9014

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9014

This document describes how Network Virtualization Overlays (NVOs)
can be connected to a Wide Area Network (WAN) in order to extend the
Layer 2 connectivity required for some tenants. The solution analyzes
the interaction between NVO networks running Ethernet Virtual Private
Networks (EVPNs) and other Layer 2 VPN (L2VPN) technologies used in
the WAN, such as Virtual Private LAN Services (VPLSs), VPLS
extensions for Provider Backbone Bridging (PBB-VPLS), EVPN, or
PBB-EVPN. It also describes how the existing technical specifications
apply to the interconnection and extends the EVPN procedures needed
in some cases. In particular, this document describes how EVPN routes
are processed on Gateways (GWs) that interconnect EVPN-Overlay and
EVPN-MPLS networks, as well as the Interconnect Ethernet Segment
(I-ES), to provide multihoming. This document also describes the use
of the Unknown MAC Route (UMR) to avoid issues of a Media Access
Control (MAC) scale on Data Center Network Virtualization Edge (NVE)
devices.

This document is a product of the BGP Enabled Services Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org