Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8994 on An Autonomic Control Plane (ACP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 May 2021 22:49:44 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8994

        Title:      An Autonomic Control Plane (ACP) 
        Author:     T. Eckert, Ed.,
                    M. Behringer, Ed.,
                    S. Bjarnason
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      128
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-anima-autonomic-control-plane-30.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8994

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8994

Autonomic functions need a control plane to communicate, which
depends on some addressing and routing.  This Autonomic Control Plane
should ideally be self-managing and be as independent as possible of
configuration.  This document defines such a plane and calls it the
"Autonomic Control Plane", with the primary use as a control plane
for autonomic functions.  It also serves as a "virtual out-of-band
channel" for Operations, Administration, and Management (OAM)
communications over a network that provides automatically configured,
hop-by-hop authenticated and encrypted communications via
automatically configured IPv6 even when the network is not configured
or is misconfigured.

This document is a product of the Autonomic Networking Integrated Model and Approach Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org