Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 9047 on Propagation of ARP/ND Flags in an Ethernet Virtual Private Network (EVPN)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2021 22:36:08 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9047

        Title:      Propagation of ARP/ND Flags in 
                    an Ethernet Virtual Private Network (EVPN) 
        Author:     J. Rabadan, Ed.,
                    S. Sathappan,
                    K. Nagaraj,
                    W. Lin
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-bess-evpn-na-flags-09.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9047

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9047

This document defines an Extended Community that is advertised along
with an Ethernet Virtual Private Network (EVPN) Media Access Control
(MAC) / IP Advertisement route and carries information relevant to
the Address Resolution Protocol (ARP) / Neighbor Discovery (ND)
resolution so that an EVPN Provider Edge (PE) implementing a
proxy-ARP/ND function in broadcast domains (BDs) or an ARP/ND
function on Integrated Routing and Bridging (IRB) interfaces can
reply to ARP Requests or Neighbor Solicitation (NS) messages with the
correct information.

This document is a product of the BGP Enabled Services Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org