Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 9055 on Deterministic Networking (DetNet) Security Considerations

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2021 16:40:23 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9055

        Title:      Deterministic Networking (DetNet) 
                    Security Considerations 
        Author:     E. Grossman, Ed.,
                    T. Mizrahi,
                    A. Hacker
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      50
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-detnet-security-16.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9055

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9055

A DetNet (deterministic network) provides specific performance
guarantees to its data flows, such as extremely low data loss rates
and bounded latency (including bounded latency variation, i.e.,
"jitter"). As a result, securing a DetNet requires that in addition
to the best practice security measures taken for any mission-critical
network, additional security measures may be needed to secure the
intended operation of these novel service properties.

This document addresses DetNet-specific security considerations from
the perspectives of both the DetNet system-level designer and
component designer. System considerations include a taxonomy of
relevant threats and attacks, and associations of threats versus use
cases and service properties. Component-level considerations include
ingress filtering and packet arrival-time violation detection.

This document also addresses security considerations specific to the
IP and MPLS data plane technologies, thereby complementing the
Security Considerations sections of those documents.

This document is a product of the Deterministic Networking Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org