Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 9058 on Multilinear Galois Mode (MGM)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2021 16:42:46 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9058

        Title:      Multilinear Galois Mode (MGM) 
        Author:     S. Smyshlyaev, Ed.,
                    V. Nozdrunov,
                    V. Shishkin,
                    E. Griboedova
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       June 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      25
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-smyshlyaev-mgm-20.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9058

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9058

Multilinear Galois Mode (MGM) is an Authenticated Encryption with
Associated Data (AEAD) block cipher mode based on the
Encrypt-then-MAC (EtM) principle. MGM is defined for use with 64-bit
and 128-bit block ciphers. 

MGM has been standardized in Russia. It is used as an AEAD mode for
the GOST block cipher algorithms in many protocols, e.g., TLS 1.3 and
IPsec. This document provides a reference for MGM to enable review of
the mechanisms in use and to make MGM available for use with any
block cipher.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org