Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 9028 on Native NAT Traversal Mode for the Host Identity Protocol

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2021 12:45:35 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9028

        Title:      Native NAT Traversal Mode for 
                    the Host Identity Protocol 
        Author:     A. Keränen,
                    J. Melén,
                    M. Komu, Ed.
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      55
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-hip-native-nat-traversal-33.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9028

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9028

This document specifies a new Network Address Translator (NAT)
traversal mode for the Host Identity Protocol (HIP). The new mode is
based on the Interactive Connectivity Establishment (ICE) methodology
and UDP encapsulation of data and signaling traffic. The main
difference from the previously specified modes is the use of HIP
messages instead of ICE for all NAT traversal procedures due to the
kernel-space dependencies of HIP.

This document is a product of the Host Identity Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org