Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 9086 on Border Gateway Protocol - Link State (BGP-LS) Extensions for Segment Routing BGP Egress Peer Engineering

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2021 06:04:27 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9086

        Title:      Border Gateway Protocol - Link State (BGP-LS)
                    Extensions for Segment Routing BGP
                    Egress Peer Engineering 
        Author:     S. Previdi,
                    K. Talaulikar, Ed.,
                    C. Filsfils,
                    K. Patel,
                    S. Ray,
                    J. Dong
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2021 
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      15
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-idr-bgpls-segment-routing-epe-19.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9086

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9086

A node steers a packet through a controlled set of instructions,
called segments, by prepending the packet with a list of segment
identifiers (SIDs).  A segment can represent any instruction,
topological or service based. SR segments allow steering a flow
through any topological path and service chain while maintaining
per-flow state only at the ingress node of the SR domain.

This document describes an extension to Border Gateway Protocol -
Link State (BGP-LS) for advertisement of BGP Peering Segments along
with their BGP peering node information so that efficient BGP Egress
Peer Engineering (EPE) policies and strategies can be computed based
on Segment Routing.

This document is a product of the Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org