Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 9102 on TLS DNSSEC Chain Extension

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2021 17:00:33 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9102

        Title:      TLS DNSSEC Chain Extension 
        Author:     V. Dukhovni,
                    S. Huque,
                    W. Toorop,
                    P. Wouters,
                    M. Shore
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       August 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      43
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-dukhovni-tls-dnssec-chain-08.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9102

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9102

This document describes an experimental TLS extension for the in-band
transport of the complete set of records that can be validated by
DNSSEC and that are needed to perform DNS-Based Authentication of
Named Entities (DANE) of a TLS server. This extension obviates the
need to perform separate, out-of-band DNS lookups.  When the
requisite DNS records do not exist, the extension conveys a
denial-of-existence proof that can be validated.

This experimental extension is developed outside the IETF and is
published here to guide implementation of the extension and to ensure
interoperability among implementations.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org