Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 9051 on Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP) - Version 4rev2

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2021 16:49:19 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9051

        Title:      Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP) - 
                    Version 4rev2 
        Author:     A. Melnikov, Ed.,
                    B. Leiba, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      163
        Obsoletes:  RFC 3501

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-extra-imap4rev2-30.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9051

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9051

The Internet Message Access Protocol Version 4rev2 (IMAP4rev2) allows
a client to access and manipulate electronic mail messages on a
server.  IMAP4rev2 permits manipulation of mailboxes (remote message
folders) in a way that is functionally equivalent to local folders. 
IMAP4rev2 also provides the capability for an offline client to
resynchronize with the server. 

IMAP4rev2 includes operations for creating, deleting, and renaming
mailboxes; checking for new messages; removing messages permanently;
setting and clearing flags; parsing per RFCs 5322, 2045, and 2231;
searching; and selective fetching of message attributes, texts, and
portions thereof.  Messages in IMAP4rev2 are accessed by the use of
numbers. These numbers are either message sequence numbers or unique
identifiers. 

IMAP4rev2 does not specify a means of posting mail; this function is
handled by a mail submission protocol such as the one specified in
RFC 6409.

This document is a product of the Email mailstore and eXtensions To Revise or Amend Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC
_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org