Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 9125 on Gateway Auto-Discovery and Route Advertisement for Site Interconnection Using Segment Routing

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2021 10:12:30 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9125

        Title:      Gateway Auto-Discovery and Route Advertisement 
                    for Site Interconnection Using Segment Routing 
        Author:     A. Farrel,
                    J. Drake,
                    E. Rosen,
                    K. Patel,
                    L. Jalil
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-bess-datacenter-gateway-13.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9125

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9125

Data centers are attached to the Internet or a backbone network by
gateway routers.  One data center typically has more than one gateway
for commercial, load-balancing, and resiliency reasons.  Other sites,
such as access networks, also need to be connected across backbone
networks through gateways.

This document defines a mechanism using the BGP Tunnel Encapsulation
attribute to allow data center gateway routers to advertise routes to
the prefixes reachable in the site, including advertising them on
behalf of other gateways at the same site.  This allows segment
routing to be used to identify multiple paths across the Internet or
backbone network between different gateways.  The paths can be
selected for load-balancing, resilience, and quality purposes.

This document is a product of the BGP Enabled Services Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC
_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org