Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 9078 on Reaction: Indicating Summary Reaction to a Message

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2021 16:21:30 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9078

        Title:      Reaction: Indicating Summary Reaction to 
                    a Message 
        Author:     D. Crocker,
                    R. Signes,
                    N. Freed
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-crocker-inreply-react-14.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9078

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9078

The popularity of social media has led to user comfort with easily
signaling basic reactions to an author's posting, such as with a
'thumbs up' or 'smiley' graphic. This specification permits a similar
facility for Internet Mail.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org