Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 9133 on Controlling Filtering Rules Using Distributed Denial-of-Service Open Threat Signaling (DOTS) Signal Channel

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2021 15:56:10 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9133

        Title:      Controlling Filtering Rules Using Distributed 
                    Denial-of-Service Open Threat Signaling (DOTS) Signal 
                    Channel 
        Author:     K. Nishizuka,
                    M. Boucadair,
                    T. Reddy.K,
                    T. Nagata
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2021 
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      26
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dots-signal-filter-control-07.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9133

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9133

This document specifies an extension to the Distributed
Denial-of-Service Open Threat Signaling (DOTS) signal channel
protocol so that DOTS clients can control their filtering rules when
an attack mitigation is active.

Particularly, this extension allows a DOTS client to activate or
deactivate existing filtering rules during a Distributed
Denial-of-Service (DDoS) attack. The characterization of these
filtering rules is conveyed by a DOTS client during an 'idle' time
(i.e., no mitigation is active) by means of the DOTS data channel
protocol.

This document is a product of the DDoS Open Threat Signaling Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org