Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 9136 on IP Prefix Advertisement in Ethernet VPN (EVPN)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2021 13:29:05 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9136

        Title:      IP Prefix Advertisement in Ethernet VPN (EVPN) 
        Author:     J. Rabadan, Ed.,
                    W. Henderickx,
                    J. Drake,
                    W. Lin,
                    A. Sajassi
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      31
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-bess-evpn-prefix-advertisement-11.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9136

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9136

The BGP MPLS-based Ethernet VPN (EVPN) (RFC 7432) mechanism provides
a flexible control plane that allows intra-subnet connectivity in an
MPLS and/or Network Virtualization Overlay (NVO) (RFC 7365) network.
In some networks, there is also a need for dynamic and efficient
inter-subnet connectivity across Tenant Systems and end devices that
can be physical or virtual and do not necessarily participate in
dynamic routing protocols. This document defines a new EVPN route
type for the advertisement of IP prefixes and explains some use-case
examples where this new route type is used.

This document is a product of the BGP Enabled Services Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org