Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 9119 on Multicast Considerations over IEEE 802 Wireless Media

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2021 15:40:05 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9119

        Title:      Multicast Considerations over IEEE 802 
                    Wireless Media 
        Author:     C. Perkins,
                    M. McBride,
                    D. Stanley,
                    W. Kumari,
                    JC. Zúñiga
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      22
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mboned-ieee802-mcast-problems-15.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9119

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9119

Well-known issues with multicast have prevented the deployment of
multicast in 802.11 (Wi-Fi) and other local-area wireless
environments. This document describes the known limitations of
wireless (primarily 802.11) Layer 2 multicast.  Also described are
certain multicast enhancement features that have been specified by
the IETF and by IEEE 802 for wireless media, as well as some
operational choices that can be made to improve the performance of
the network.  Finally, some recommendations are provided about the
usage and combination of these features and operational choices.

This document is a product of the MBONE Deployment Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org