Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 9138 on Design Considerations for Name Resolution Service in Information-Centric Networking (ICN)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2021 16:09:03 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9138

        Title:      Design Considerations for Name Resolution 
                    Service in Information-Centric Networking (ICN) 
        Author:     J. Hong,
                    T. You,
                    L. Dong,
                    C. Westphal,
                    B. Ohlman
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IRTF
        Date:       November 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      17
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-irtf-icnrg-nrs-requirements-06.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9138

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9138

This document provides the functionalities and design considerations
for a Name Resolution Service (NRS) in Information-Centric Networking
(ICN).  The purpose of an NRS in ICN is to translate an object name
into some other information such as a locator, another name, etc. in
order to forward the object request. This document is a product of
the Information-Centric Networking Research Group (ICNRG).

This document is a product of the Information-Centric Networking Research Group of the IRTF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce, rfc-dist and IRTF-Announce lists.To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
  https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/irtf-announce

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org