Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 9139 on Information-Centric Networking (ICN) Adaptation to Low-Power Wireless Personal Area Networks (LoWPANs)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2021 15:44:34 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9139

        Title:      Information-Centric Networking (ICN) Adaptation to 
                    Low-Power Wireless Personal Area Networks (LoWPANs) 
        Author:     C. Gündoğan,
                    T. Schmidt,
                    M. Wählisch,
                    C. Scherb,
                    C. Marxer,
                    C. Tschudin
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IRTF
        Date:       November 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      42
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-irtf-icnrg-icnlowpan-11.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9139

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9139

This document defines a convergence layer for Content-Centric
Networking (CCNx) and Named Data Networking (NDN) over IEEE 802.15.4
Low-Power Wireless Personal Area Networks (LoWPANs). A new frame
format is specified to adapt CCNx and NDN packets to the small MTU
size of IEEE 802.15.4. For that, syntactic and semantic changes to
the TLV-based header formats are described. To support compatibility
with other LoWPAN technologies that may coexist on a wireless medium,
the dispatching scheme provided by IPv6 over LoWPAN (6LoWPAN) is
extended to include new dispatch types for CCNx and NDN.
Additionally, the fragmentation component of the 6LoWPAN dispatching
framework is applied to Information-Centric Network (ICN) chunks. In
its second part, the document defines stateless and stateful
compression schemes to improve efficiency on constrained links.
Stateless compression reduces TLV expressions to static header fields
for common use cases. Stateful compression schemes elide states local
to the LoWPAN and replace names in Data packets by short local
identifiers.

This document is a product of the IRTF Information-Centric Networking
Research Group (ICNRG).

This document is a product of the Information-Centric Networking Research Group of the IRTF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce, rfc-dist and IRTF-Announce lists.To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
  https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/irtf-announce

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org