Subject: [rfc-dist] Moved to Historic: RFC 2660 on The Secure HyperText Transfer Protocol

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2021 21:50:57 -0800 (PST)

RFC 2660 has been reclassified as Historic.

        RFC 2660

        Title:      The Secure HyperText Transfer Protocol 
        Author:     E. Rescorla,
                    A. Schiffman
        Status:     Historic
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 1999
        Pages:      45
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-wts-shttp-06

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc2660

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC2660

This memo describes a syntax for securing messages sent using the
Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP), which forms the basis for the
World Wide Web. Secure HTTP (S-HTTP) provides independently
applicable security services for transaction confidentiality,
authenticity/integrity and non-repudiability of origin.

The protocol emphasizes maximum flexibility in choice of key
management mechanisms, security policies and cryptographic algorithms
by supporting option negotiation between parties for each
transaction.

This document is a product of the Web Transaction Security Working Group of the IETF.

HISTORIC: This memo defines a Historic Document for the Internet
community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC
_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org