Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 9162 on Certificate Transparency Version 2.0

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2021 23:42:29 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9162

        Title:      Certificate Transparency Version 2.0 
        Author:     B. Laurie,
                    E. Messeri,
                    R. Stradling
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       December 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      53
        Obsoletes:  RFC 6962

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-trans-rfc6962-bis-42.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9162

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9162

This document describes version 2.0 of the Certificate Transparency
(CT) protocol for publicly logging the existence of Transport Layer
Security (TLS) server certificates as they are issued or observed, in
a manner that allows anyone to audit certification authority (CA)
activity and notice the issuance of suspect certificates as well as
to audit the certificate logs themselves. The intent is that
eventually clients would refuse to honor certificates that do not
appear in a log, effectively forcing CAs to add all issued
certificates to the logs.

This document obsoletes RFC 6962.  It also specifies a new TLS
extension that is used to send various CT log artifacts.

Logs are network services that implement the protocol operations for
submissions and queries that are defined in this document.

This document is a product of the Public Notary Transparency Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org