Subject: [rfc-dist] Moved to Historic: RFC 2296 on HTTP Remote Variant Selection Algorithm -- RVSA/1.0

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2021 21:49:37 -0800 (PST)

RFC 2296 has been reclassified as Historic.

        RFC 2296

        Title:      HTTP Remote Variant Selection Algorithm -- RVSA/1.0 
        Author:     K. Holtman,
                    A. Mutz
        Status:     Historic
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 1998
        Pages:      13
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc2296

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC2296

HTTP allows web site authors to put multiple versions of the same
information under a single URL.  Transparent content negotiation is a
mechanism for automatically selecting the best version when the URL
is accessed.  A remote variant selection algorithm can be used to
speed up the transparent negotiation process. This document defines
the remote variant selection algorithm with the version number 1.0.

This document is a product of the HyperText Transfer Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

HISTORIC: This memo defines a Historic Document for the Internet
community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC
_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org