Subject: [rfc-dist] Moved to Historic: RFC 2774 on An HTTP Extension Framework

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2021 21:51:15 -0800 (PST)

RFC 2774 has been reclassified as Historic.

        RFC 2774

        Title:      An HTTP Extension Framework 
        Author:     H. Nielsen,
                    P. Leach,
                    S. Lawrence
        Status:     Historic
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2000
        Pages:      20
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-frystyk-http-extensions-03

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc2774

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC2774

A wide range of applications have proposed various extensions of the
HTTP protocol. Current efforts span an enormous range, including
distributed authoring, collaboration, printing, and remote procedure
call mechanisms. These HTTP extensions are not coordinated, since
there has been no standard framework for defining extensions and
thus, separation of concerns. This document describes a generic
extension mechanism for HTTP, which is designed to address the
tension between private agreement and public specification and to
accommodate extension of applications using HTTP clients, servers,
and proxies.  The proposal associates each extension with a globally
unique identifier, and uses HTTP header fields to carry the extension
identifier and related information between the parties involved in
the extended communication.

This document is a product of the Legacy Working Group of the IETF.

HISTORIC: This memo defines a Historic Document for the Internet
community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC
_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org