Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 9066 on Distributed Denial-of-Service Open Threat Signaling (DOTS) Signal Channel Call Home

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2021 22:40:44 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9066

        Title:      Distributed Denial-of-Service Open Threat Signaling 
                    (DOTS) Signal Channel Call Home 
        Author:     T. Reddy.K,
                    M. Boucadair, Ed.,
                    J. Shallow
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       December 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      34
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dots-signal-call-home-14.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9066

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9066

This document specifies the Denial-of-Service Open Threat Signaling
(DOTS) signal channel Call Home, which enables a Call Home DOTS
server to initiate a secure connection to a Call Home DOTS client and
to receive attack traffic information from the Call Home DOTS client.
The Call Home DOTS server in turn uses the attack traffic information
to identify compromised devices launching outgoing DDoS attacks and
take appropriate mitigation action(s).

The DOTS signal channel Call Home is not specific to home networks;
the solution targets any deployment in which it is required to block
DDoS attack traffic closer to the source(s) of a DDoS attack.

This document is a product of the DDoS Open Threat Signaling Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org