Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 9190 on EAP-TLS 1.3: Using the Extensible Authentication Protocol with TLS 1.3

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2022 18:41:40 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9190

        Title:      EAP-TLS 1.3: Using the Extensible 
                    Authentication Protocol with TLS 1.3 
        Author:     J. Preuß Mattsson,
                    M. Sethi
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2022
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      31
        Updates:    RFC 5216

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-emu-eap-tls13-21.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9190

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9190

The Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP), defined in RFC 3748,
provides a standard mechanism for support of multiple authentication
methods. This document specifies the use of EAP-TLS with TLS 1.3
while remaining backwards compatible with existing implementations of
EAP-TLS. TLS 1.3 provides significantly improved security and
privacy, and reduced latency when compared to earlier versions of
TLS. EAP-TLS with TLS 1.3 (EAP-TLS 1.3) further improves security and
privacy by always providing forward secrecy, never disclosing the
peer identity, and by mandating use of revocation checking when
compared to EAP-TLS with earlier versions of TLS. This document also
provides guidance on authentication, authorization, and resumption
for EAP-TLS in general (regardless of the underlying TLS version
used). This document updates RFC 5216.

This document is a product of the EAP Method Update Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org