Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 9233 on Internationalized Domain Names for Applications 2008 (IDNA2008) and Unicode 12.0.0

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2022 16:49:47 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9233

        Title:      Internationalized Domain Names for Applications 
                    2008 (IDNA2008) and Unicode 12.0.0 
        Author:     P. Fältström
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2022
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      26
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-faltstrom-unicode12-07.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9233

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9233

This document describes the changes between Unicode 6.0.0 and Unicode
12.0.0 in the context of the current version of Internationalized
Domain Names for Applications 2008 (IDNA2008). Some additions and
changes have been made in the Unicode Standard that affect the values
produced by the algorithm IDNA2008 specifies. IDNA2008 allows adding
exceptions to the algorithm for backward compatibility; however, this
document does not add any such exceptions. This document provides the
necessary tables to IANA to make its database consistent with Unicode
12.0.0. 

To improve understanding, this document describes systems that are
being used as alternatives to those that conform to IDNA2008.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org