Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 9177 on Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP) Block-Wise Transfer Options Supporting Robust Transmission

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2022 17:33:43 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9177

        Title:      Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP) Block-Wise 
                    Transfer Options Supporting Robust Transmission 
        Author:     M. Boucadair,
                    J. Shallow
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2022
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      41
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-core-new-block-14.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9177

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9177

This document specifies alternative Constrained Application Protocol
(CoAP) block-wise transfer options: Q-Block1 and Q-Block2.

These options are similar to, but distinct from, the CoAP Block1 and
Block2 options defined in RFC 7959. The Q-Block1 and Q-Block2 options
are not intended to replace the Block1 and Block2 options but rather
have the goal of supporting Non-confirmable (NON) messages for large
amounts of data with fewer packet interchanges. Also, the Q-Block1
and Q-Block2 options support faster recovery should any of the blocks
get lost in transmission.

This document is a product of the Constrained RESTful Environments Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org