Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 9227 on Using GOST Ciphers in the Encapsulating Security Payload (ESP) and Internet Key Exchange Version 2 (IKEv2) Protocols

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2022 17:58:19 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9227

        Title:      Using GOST Ciphers in the 
                    Encapsulating Security Payload (ESP) and Internet 
                    Key Exchange Version 2 (IKEv2) Protocols 
        Author:     V. Smyslov
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       March 2022
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      22
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-smyslov-esp-gost-14.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9227

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9227

This document defines a set of encryption transforms for use in the
Encapsulating Security Payload (ESP) and in the Internet Key Exchange
version 2 (IKEv2) protocols, which are parts of the IP Security
(IPsec) protocol suite. The transforms are based on the GOST R
34.12-2015 block ciphers (which are named "Magma" and "Kuznyechik")
in Multilinear Galois Mode (MGM) and the external rekeying approach. 

This specification was developed to facilitate implementations that
wish to support the GOST algorithms. This document does not imply
IETF endorsement of the cryptographic algorithms used in this
document.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org