Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 9207 on OAuth 2.0 Authorization Server Issuer Identification

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2022 16:43:37 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9207

        Title:      OAuth 2.0 Authorization Server Issuer 
                    Identification 
        Author:     K. Meyer zu Selhausen,
                    D. Fett
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2022
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-oauth-iss-auth-resp-05.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9207

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9207

This document specifies a new parameter called iss. This parameter is
used to explicitly include the issuer identifier of the authorization
server in the authorization response of an OAuth authorization flow.
The iss parameter serves as an effective countermeasure to "mix-up
attacks".

This document is a product of the Web Authorization Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org