Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 9214 on OSPFv3 Code Point for MPLS LSP Ping

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2022 22:06:36 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9214

        Title:      OSPFv3 Code Point for MPLS LSP Ping 
        Author:     N. Nainar,
                    C. Pignataro,
                    M. Aissaoui
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2022
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      6
        Updates:    RFC 8287

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-ospfv3-codepoint-06.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9214

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9214

IANA has created "Protocol in the Segment ID Sub-TLV" and "Protocol
in Label Stack Sub-TLV of Downstream Detailed Mapping TLV" registries
under the "Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) Label Switched Paths
(LSPs) Ping Parameters" registry. RFC 8287 defines the code points
for Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) and Intermediate System to
Intermediate System (IS-IS) protocols. 

This document specifies the code point to be used in the Segment ID
sub-TLV and Downstream Detailed Mapping (DDMAP) TLV when the Interior
Gateway Protocol (IGP) is OSPFv3. This document also updates RFC 8287
by clarifying that the existing "OSPF" code point is to be used only
to indicate OSPFv2 and by defining the behavior when the Segment ID
sub-TLV indicates the use of IPv6.

This document is a product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org