Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 9223 on Real-Time Transport Object Delivery over Unidirectional Transport (ROUTE)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2022 11:55:00 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9223

        Title:      Real-Time Transport Object Delivery over 
                    Unidirectional Transport (ROUTE) 
        Author:     W. Zia,
                    T. Stockhammer,
                    L. Chaponniere,
                    G. Mandyam,
                    M. Luby
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       April 2022
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      35
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-zia-route-06.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9223

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9223

The Real-time Transport Object delivery over Unidirectional Transport
(ROUTE) protocol is specified for robust delivery of Application
Objects, including Application Objects with real-time delivery
constraints, to receivers over a unidirectional transport. 
Application Objects consist of data that has meaning to applications
that use the ROUTE protocol for delivery of data to receivers; for
example, it can be a file, a Dynamic Adaptive Streaming over HTTP
(DASH) or HTTP Live Streaming (HLS) segment, a WAV audio clip, etc.
The ROUTE protocol also supports low-latency streaming applications.

The ROUTE protocol is suitable for unicast, broadcast, and multicast
transport. Therefore, it can be run over UDP/IP, including multicast
IP. The ROUTE protocol can leverage the features of the underlying
protocol layer, e.g., to provide security, it can leverage IP
security protocols such as IPsec.

This document specifies the ROUTE protocol such that it could be used
by a variety of services for delivery of Application Objects by
specifying their own profiles of this protocol (e.g., by adding or
constraining some features).

This is not an IETF specification and does not have IETF consensus.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org