Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 9116 on A File Format to Aid in Security Vulnerability Disclosure

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2022 12:34:11 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9116

        Title:      A File Format to Aid 
                    in Security Vulnerability Disclosure 
        Author:     E. Foudil,
                    Y. Shafranovich
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2022
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      21
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-foudil-securitytxt-12.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9116

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9116

When security vulnerabilities are discovered by researchers, proper
reporting channels are often lacking. As a result, vulnerabilities
may be left unreported. This document defines a machine-parsable
format ("security.txt") to help organizations describe their
vulnerability disclosure practices to make it easier for researchers
to report vulnerabilities.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org