Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 9152 on Secure Object Delivery Protocol (SODP) Server Interfaces: NSA's Profile for Delivery of Certificates, Certificate Revocation Lists (CRLs), and Symmetric Keys to Clients

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2022 15:48:36 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9152

        Title:      Secure Object Delivery Protocol (SODP) 
                    Server Interfaces: NSA's Profile for Delivery 
                    of Certificates, Certificate Revocation Lists (CRLs), 
                    and Symmetric Keys to Clients 
        Author:     M. Jenkins,
                    S. Turner
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       April 2022
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      18
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-turner-sodp-profile-08.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9152

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9152

This document specifies protocol interfaces profiled by the United
States National Security Agency (NSA) for National Security System
(NSS) servers that provide public key certificates, Certificate
Revocation Lists (CRLs), and symmetric keys to NSS clients. Servers
that support these interfaces are referred to as Secure Object
Delivery Protocol (SODP) servers. The intended audience for this
profile comprises developers of client devices that will obtain key
management services from NSA-operated SODP servers.  Interfaces
supported by SODP servers include Enrollment over Secure Transport
(EST) and its extensions as well as Certificate Management over CMS
(CMC).

This profile applies to the capabilities, configuration, and
operation of all components of US National Security Systems (SP
800-59). It is also appropriate for other US Government systems that
process high-value information. It is made publicly available for use
by developers and operators of these and any other system
deployments.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org