Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 9176 on Constrained RESTful Environments (CoRE) Resource Directory

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 11:44:05 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9176

        Title:      Constrained RESTful Environments (CoRE) Resource 
                    Directory 
        Author:     C. Amsüss, Ed.,
                    Z. Shelby,
                    M. Koster,
                    C. Bormann,
                    P. van der Stok
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2022
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      60
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-core-resource-directory-28.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9176

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9176

In many Internet of Things (IoT) applications, direct discovery of
resources is not practical due to sleeping nodes or networks where
multicast traffic is inefficient. These problems can be solved by
employing an entity called a Resource Directory (RD), which contains
information about resources held on other servers, allowing lookups
to be performed for those resources. The input to an RD is composed
of links, and the output is composed of links constructed from the
information stored in the RD. This document specifies the web
interfaces that an RD supports for web servers to discover the RD and
to register, maintain, look up, and remove information on resources.
Furthermore, new target attributes useful in conjunction with an RD
are defined.

This document is a product of the Constrained RESTful Environments Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org