Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 9148 on EST-coaps: Enrollment over Secure Transport with the Secure Constrained Application Protocol

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 14:33:58 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9148

        Title:      EST-coaps: Enrollment over Secure Transport 
                    with the Secure Constrained Application Protocol 
        Author:     P. van der Stok,
                    P. Kampanakis,
                    M. Richardson,
                    S. Raza
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2022
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      41
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ace-coap-est-18.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9148

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9148

Enrollment over Secure Transport (EST) is used as a certificate
provisioning protocol over HTTPS. Low-resource devices often use the
lightweight Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP) for message
exchanges. This document defines how to transport EST payloads over
secure CoAP (EST-coaps), which allows constrained devices to use
existing EST functionality for provisioning certificates.

This document is a product of the Authentication and Authorization for Constrained Environments Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org