Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 9149 on TLS Ticket Requests

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 16:44:06 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9149

        Title:      TLS Ticket Requests 
        Author:     T. Pauly,
                    D. Schinazi,
                    C.A. Wood
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2022
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-tls-ticketrequests-07.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9149

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9149

TLS session tickets enable stateless connection resumption for
clients without server-side, per-client state.  Servers vend an
arbitrary number of session tickets to clients, at their discretion,
upon connection establishment.  Clients store and use tickets when
resuming future connections.  This document describes a mechanism by
which clients can specify the desired number of tickets needed for
future connections.  This extension aims to provide a means for
servers to determine the number of tickets to generate in order to
reduce ticket waste while simultaneously priming clients for future
connection attempts.

This document is a product of the Transport Layer Security Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org