Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 9250 on DNS over Dedicated QUIC Connections

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 May 2022 16:35:56 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9250

        Title:      DNS over Dedicated QUIC Connections 
        Author:     C. Huitema,
                    S. Dickinson,
                    A. Mankin
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2022
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      27
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dprive-dnsoquic-12.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9250

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9250

This document describes the use of QUIC to provide transport
confidentiality for DNS. The encryption provided by QUIC has similar
properties to those provided by TLS, while QUIC transport eliminates
the head-of-line blocking issues inherent with TCP and provides more
efficient packet-loss recovery than UDP. DNS over QUIC (DoQ) has
privacy properties similar to DNS over TLS (DoT) specified in RFC
7858, and latency characteristics similar to classic DNS over UDP.
This specification describes the use of DoQ as a general-purpose
transport for DNS and includes the use of DoQ for stub to recursive,
recursive to authoritative, and zone transfer scenarios.

This document is a product of the DNS PRIVate Exchange Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org