Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 9229 on IPv4 Routes with an IPv6 Next Hop in the Babel Routing Protocol

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 6 May 2022 11:15:29 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9229

        Title:      IPv4 Routes with an IPv6 
                    Next Hop in the Babel Routing Protocol 
        Author:     J. Chroboczek
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2022
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-babel-v4viav6-08.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9229

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9229

This document defines an extension to the Babel routing protocol that
allows announcing routes to an IPv4 prefix with an IPv6 next hop,
which makes it possible for IPv4 traffic to flow through interfaces
that have not been assigned an IPv4 address.

This document is a product of the Babel routing protocol Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org