Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 9197 on Data Fields for In Situ Operations, Administration, and Maintenance (IOAM)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 May 2022 11:58:49 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9197

        Title:      Data Fields for In Situ 
                    Operations, Administration, and Maintenance (IOAM) 
        Author:     F. Brockners, Ed.,
                    S. Bhandari, Ed.,
                    T. Mizrahi, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2022 
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      40
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ippm-ioam-data-17.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9197

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9197

In situ Operations, Administration, and Maintenance (IOAM) collects
operational and telemetry information in the packet while the packet
traverses a path between two points in the network. This document
discusses the data fields and associated data types for IOAM.
IOAM-Data-Fields can be encapsulated into a variety of protocols,
such as Network Service Header (NSH), Segment Routing, Generic
Network Virtualization Encapsulation (Geneve), or IPv6.  IOAM can be
used to complement OAM mechanisms based on, e.g., ICMP or other types
of probe packets.

This document is a product of the IP Performance Measurement Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org