Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 9235 on TCP Authentication Option (TCP-AO) Test Vectors

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 12 May 2022 05:54:49 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9235

        Title:      TCP Authentication Option (TCP-AO) Test 
                    Vectors 
        Author:     J. Touch,
                    J. Kuusisaari
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2022
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      25
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-tcpm-ao-test-vectors-09.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9235

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9235

This document provides test vectors to validate implementations of
the two mandatory authentication algorithms specified for the TCP
Authentication Option over both IPv4 and IPv6. This includes
validation of the key derivation function (KDF) based on a set of
test connection parameters as well as validation of the message
authentication code (MAC). Vectors are provided for both currently
required pairs of KDF and MAC algorithms: KDF_HMAC_SHA1 and HMAC-
SHA-1-96, and KDF_AES_128_CMAC and AES-128-CMAC-96. The vectors also
validate both whole TCP segments as well as segments whose options
are excluded for middlebox traversal.

This document is a product of the TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org