Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 9232 on Network Telemetry Framework

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 27 May 2022 08:14:30 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9232

        Title:      Network Telemetry Framework 
        Author:     H. Song,
                    F. Qin,
                    P. Martinez-Julia,
                    L. Ciavaglia,
                    A. Wang
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2022
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      33
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-opsawg-ntf-13.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9232

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9232

Network telemetry is a technology for gaining network insight and
facilitating efficient and automated network management. It
encompasses various techniques for remote data generation,
collection, correlation, and consumption. This document describes an
architectural framework for network telemetry, motivated by
challenges that are encountered as part of the operation of networks
and by the requirements that ensue. This document clarifies the
terminology and classifies the modules and components of a network
telemetry system from different perspectives. The framework and
taxonomy help to set a common ground for the collection of related
work and provide guidance for related technique and standard
developments.

This document is a product of the Operations and Management Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org