Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 9242 on Intermediate Exchange in the Internet Key Exchange Protocol Version 2 (IKEv2)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 27 May 2022 16:27:45 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9242

        Title:      Intermediate Exchange in the Internet 
                    Key Exchange Protocol Version 2 (IKEv2) 
        Author:     V. Smyslov
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2022
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ipsecme-ikev2-intermediate-10.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9242

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9242

This document defines a new exchange, called "Intermediate Exchange",
for the Internet Key Exchange Protocol Version 2 (IKEv2). This
exchange can be used for transferring large amounts of data in the
process of IKEv2 Security Association (SA) establishment. An example
of the need to do this is using key exchange methods resistant to
Quantum Computers (QCs) for IKE SA establishment.   The Intermediate
Exchange makes it possible to use the existing IKE fragmentation
mechanism (which cannot be used in the initial IKEv2 exchange),
helping to avoid IP fragmentation of large IKE messages if they need
to be sent before IKEv2 SA is established.

This document is a product of the IP Security Maintenance and Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org