Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 9198 on Advanced Unidirectional Route Assessment (AURA)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 May 2022 12:25:08 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9198

        Title:      Advanced Unidirectional Route Assessment (AURA) 
        Author:     J. Alvarez-Hamelin,
                    A. Morton,
                    J. Fabini,
                    C. Pignataro,
                    R. Geib
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2022
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      23
        Updates:    RFC 2330

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ippm-route-10.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9198

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9198

This memo introduces an advanced unidirectional route assessment
(AURA) metric and associated measurement methodology based on the IP
Performance Metrics (IPPM) framework (RFC 2330). This memo updates
RFC 2330 in the areas of path-related terminology and path
description, primarily to include the possibility of parallel
subpaths between a given Source and Destination pair, owing to the
presence of multipath technologies.

This document is a product of the IP Performance Measurement Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org