Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 9260 on Stream Control Transmission Protocol

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2022 10:38:33 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9260

        Title:      Stream Control Transmission Protocol 
        Author:     R. Stewart,
                    M. Tüxen,
                    K. Nielsen
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2022
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      133
        Obsoletes:  RFC 4460, RFC 4960, RFC 6096, RFC 7053, RFC 8540

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-tsvwg-rfc4960-bis-19.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9260

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9260

This document describes the Stream Control Transmission Protocol
(SCTP) and obsoletes RFC 4960.  It incorporates the specification of
the chunk flags registry from RFC 6096 and the specification of the I
bit of DATA chunks from RFC 7053. Therefore, RFCs 6096 and 7053 are
also obsoleted by this document. In addition, RFCs 4460 and 8540,
which describe errata for SCTP, are obsoleted by this document. 

SCTP was originally designed to transport Public Switched Telephone
Network (PSTN) signaling messages over IP networks. It is also suited
to be used for other applications, for example, WebRTC.

SCTP is a reliable transport protocol operating on top of a
connectionless packet network, such as IP. It offers the following
services to its users:

The design of SCTP includes appropriate congestion avoidance behavior
and resistance to flooding and masquerade attacks.

This document is a product of the Transport Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org