Subject: Re: [rfc-i] I-D Action: draft-flanagan-7322bis-00.txt

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2017 04:43:41 +1300

> 4.1.1.  Author/Editor
> 
>    The determination of who should be listed as an author or editor on
>    an RFC is made by the stream.

I question whether this completely neutral position is the right one for
the RFC Editor to take. I gave my personal opinions regarding the IETF
Stream a while back:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-carpenter-whats-an-author

I'm not suggesting we need to say anything like that much in the
style guide, but the above statement seems to completely duck the
ethical questions around authorship.

Regards
   Brian
_______________________________________________
rfc-interest mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-interest

---

From: "Joel M. Halpern" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2017 13:20:43 -0400

In a current example where three existing authors have been moved off 
the front because they are not working on a bis document.  Although the 
bis is reusing much of the text from teh original.

I believe that this is a matter of RFC Series policy, not a matter for 
the stream.

Yours,
Joel