Subject: [rfc-i] Loving KramDown to write drafts and RFCs

From: "Andrew G. Malis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2018 11:22:43 -0400

I’ve iterated through a number of tool chains to write drafts and RFCs.

Back in the day, I wrote raw nroff, and then I moved to nroffedit, which
was a great tool for its time.

Then nroff lost its mojo and I used the Word template, and still
occasionally have co-authors that like it.

But for myself, I moved to raw xml for a while. Back to programming my
drafts! :-)

Now, I’m using KramDown and loving it. For those of you that haven’t yet
given it a try, you should. See https://xml2rfc.tools.
ietf.org/experimental.html for the web interface and pointers to more info.

Also, thanks to Dan York, see
https://github.com/danyork/writing-internet-drafts-in-markdown for a
tutorial and an example draft template.

Cheers,
Andy
_______________________________________________
rfc-interest mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-interest