Subject: [rfc-i] Mmark version 2

From: Miek Gieben <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2018 22:36:49 +0100

Hello and fyi:

(Paul Hoffman asked me to send this update)

I'm working on a new version of mmark (https://mmark.nl, written in Go) that can 
parse a markdown documents and output RFC 7991 XML which can then be parsed with 
xml2rfc (v2.10.0) to produce an I-D.

Example markdown document that can parsed and then rendered with xml2rfc:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/mmarkdown/mmark/master/rfc/3514.md

Mmark (v2) is developed on github: github.com/mmarkdown/mmark

Once ,mark is compiled you can use it (to compile the above document):

% ./mmark rfc/3514.md > x 
% xml2rfc --text --v3 x # note: xml2rfc 2.10.0 or higher
Parsing file x
x(0): Warning: Invalid document before running preptool: Did not expect element t there, line 60
x(3): Warning: The document date (2018-04-01) is more than 3 days away from today's date
x(0): Warning: Invalid document after running preptool: Did not expect element t there, line 60
x(2): Warning: Expected a category, one of bcp,exp,historic,std,info, but found none
x(43): Warning: No renderer for <bcp14> found
Created file x.txt

There are still some XML elements not outputted, but most plain RFC (when 
converted to mmark markdown) should be parseable. 

And as always help is welcome to code mmark and/or fix the documentation.

Thanks!

/Miek

-
Miek Gieben
_______________________________________________
rfc-interest mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-interest

---

From: Miek Gieben <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2018 20:42:27 +0100

Small update to this update.

Mmark can now output RFC 7749 XML (i.e. xml2rfc v2), as well as RFC 7991 XML 
(xml2rfc v3), and HTML5, but that may be less of interest to this group.

Up to date documentation can be found at the homepage: https://mmark.nl

Three example RFCs can be found: https://github.com/mmarkdown/mmark/tree/master/rfc

There are probably still some bugs lurking, but feedback is welcome. 
Pre-compiled (static) binaries for various platforms are here:
https://github.com/mmarkdown/mmark/releases

Thanks!

/Miek

--
Miek Gieben